Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Big Kahuna you lost a bet and consequently left the LR, are you a welch? [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
lunchbox wrote:
I'm only 40, no need for chemical enhancement yet... YET.

With 2 employments by our friends the Feds, I have to behave. Once I retire from the Army, things might get weird.

You're still a young man. I turned 57 today. ;-)

But, but, but, that's my age too! Happy belated birthday anyway![/img]

Hahaha! Thanks, and same to you! :-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna you lost a bet and consequently left the LR, are you a welch? [jriosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jriosa wrote:
5 days till I hit that mark. Congrats from your brother from another mother in Detroit (well windsor, but same thing really)

Thanks, Jimmy! Happy birthday soon to come, buddy! :-)

Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna you lost a bet and consequently left the LR, are you a welch? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
SH wrote:
I have to put in a good word for Mr. Mopdahl. I didn't agree with him all the time, but, from what I saw, he handled himself well. He got kind of a bum deal on those Trump bets. Trump may have won, but I still say the smart money was on Hillary.

Not at 25:1 it isn't
If I remember correctly, 25:1 came shortly after the grab me by the pussy tapes surfaced. No risk offering up those odds after that. Took him a couple of months to settle up though.
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna you lost a bet and consequently left the LR, are you a welch? [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
windywave wrote:
SH wrote:
I have to put in a good word for Mr. Mopdahl. I didn't agree with him all the time, but, from what I saw, he handled himself well. He got kind of a bum deal on those Trump bets. Trump may have won, but I still say the smart money was on Hillary.

If I remember correctly, 25:1 came shortly after the grab me by the pussy tapes surfaced. No risk offering up those odds after that. Took him a couple of months to settle up though.

He was okay by me. He offered to let me out of my exile, after Mitt Romney lost to President Obama, and the conditions weren't really all that onerous. I knew I needed some time away, though. I'm just amazed at the amount of betting money that was on offer for the 2016 election. Unbelievable.

Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna you lost a bet and consequently left the LR, are you a welch? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
SkipG wrote:
windywave wrote:
SH wrote:

He was okay by me. He offered to let me out of my exile, after Mitt Romney lost to President Obama, and the conditions weren't really all that onerous. I knew I needed some time away, though. I'm just amazed at the amount of betting money that was on offer for the 2016 election. Unbelievable.
yep...a few of us really made out. Made for a good thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna you lost a bet and consequently left the LR, are you a welch? [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What was the largest pay out?

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna you lost a bet and consequently left the LR, are you a welch? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Thought it was $5,000. Not 100% sure though
Last edited by: SkipG: Oct 1, 17 21:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

$5,000? Good Lord, but that's insane. It's only politics, and politicians are just not worth the sweat that one would have to generate to pay off such a bet. That was definitely a case of emotions overriding intellect, as I myself found out in 2012.

Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna you lost a bet and consequently left the LR, are you a welch? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
SkipG wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

$5,000? Good Lord, but that's insane. It's only politics, and politicians are just not worth the sweat that one would have to generate to pay off such a bet. That was definitely a case of emotions overriding intellect, as I myself found out in 2012.
yeah, no way I would risk that kind of $ on those boobs but at 25:1, I was more than willing to part with a $100.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
SkipG wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

Emotion? More like arrogance. Actually, the winners owe you a beer.
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna you lost a bet and consequently left the LR, are you a welch? [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
SkipG wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

Emotion? More like arrogance. Actually, the winners owe you a beer.

What got into these folks last year during the election? I went Johnson/Weld for obvious reasons but I've really given up on hardcore (even softcore) politics these days.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
I've really given up on hardcore (even softcore) politics these days.

rightio. you had me a little confused where you stood on politics the last several weeks.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna you lost a bet and consequently left the LR, are you a welch? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Libertarianism is confusing to liberals. Live free!
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna you lost a bet and consequently left the LR, are you a welch? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
I've really given up on hardcore (even softcore) politics these days.

rightio. you had me a little confused where you stood on politics the last several weeks.

I stand for freedom and the right to be left alone. If you're not hurting yourself or someone else, knock yourself out, in other words.

That's about it.

Johnson/Weld 2016.

You had your chance, you and your "binary choices," and you blew it. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna you lost a bet and consequently left the LR, are you a welch? [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Libertarianism is confusing to liberals. Live free!

you've been polishing your getting-along-with-others skills!

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next