Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What is a better course for me...IMLou, IM Maryland, or IMFL?
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'2" 190lbs. I'm on the bubble to KQ. Just missed it by one spot last year. I focused on getting faster this year on the run. I ran a 3:30 in my last IM last year. This year I focused on the half distance. I dropped my run down from 1:33 to 1:28 in a recent HIM compared to last year. My bike is decent with an FTP of 340. My swim is okay with a 31min in half and 1:05 in full. I'm trying to decide which race sets me up best. Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: What is a better course for me...IMLou, IM Maryland, or IMFL? [endurancealex1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what was your time and at what race did you set the time?
Quote Reply
Re: What is a better course for me...IMLou, IM Maryland, or IMFL? [endurancealex1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That puts your FTP a notch under 4 w/kg. Seems like losing 10-15lbs will be as important as course selection for both bike/ run.

Let's say you drop your 10-15 lbs, lose a few absolute watts but still manage to get your FTP to around 4.2 w/kg... you could be pretty competitive on a rolling course like Louisville. You will also run faster on the basis of the extra bowling ball you are no longer carrying around for 26.2 miles.
Quote Reply