Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Star Trek Discovery
Quote | Reply
Any of you sci-fi dorks watch the premier last night? The commercial looked good.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Star Trek Discovery [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not bad. Not a huge trek guy but dig the new movies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My nerd friends say Orville is better than the new Star Trek
Quote Reply
Re: Star Trek Discovery [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Second episode of Orville absolutely sucked.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Meh at best. Not really going to motivate me to go to CBS all access to watch it.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw the first episodes last night. Interesting start but wtf was with those klingons? I initially thought they were introducing a new race. Bald Klingons. (not that there's anything wrong with that.

I'll watch another episode or to before I decide if it makes the cut.

A false humanity is used to impose its opposite, by people whose cruelty is equalled only by their arrogance
Quote Reply
Re: Star Trek Discovery [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Third episode of Orville was quite good though.

I thought the Star Trek: Discovery premiere was better than any other Star Trek spin off's premiere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Any of you sci-fi dorks watch the premier last night? The commercial looked good.

The premier was stupid AF. Our hero the only one who can see the truth? A star fleet officer willing to mutiny? Eh.

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Re: Star Trek Discovery [Sausagetail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Third episode of Orville was quite good though.

Hope so. The first episode warranted cautious optimism, but man, the second was rough.

Probably catch the third episode in a couple of days. I want to believe.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
Second episode of Orville absolutely sucked.

Yea, Pretty bad and I am a huge Seth/Family Guy fan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I enjoyed it but not enough to pay $7 per month for a service that has only one show worth watching.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Caught end of it. Looked good. Love Michelle Yeoh.

Also love Number One. Great recovery from her zombie look. Go Sacha!!!

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing could possibly be as bad as the 1st episode of Next Generation
Quote Reply
Re: Star Trek Discovery [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Caught end of it. Looked good. Love Michelle Yeoh.

Also love Number One. Great recovery from her zombie look. Go Sacha!!!

Don't get too attached to Yeoh. There is a reason it's called ST: Discovery, not ST: Shenzhou.
Sonequa Martin-Green is the star of the show. She was also in Once Upon a Time, but I didn't watch after the first season of that soap opera.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have watched the first two episodes. I am going to keep an open mind, or try to...

I think they've taken a bit of a risk by putting a lot of focus on a single character; a lot of what (I think) made Star Trek great was that it was the crew's journey, and every one of us could find our favorite crewmate that we would want to be or identify with.

Additionally, though I thought the episodes were fine, the preview for the upcoming season makes me feel like the first two episodes were practically filler; they could have started it with Episode 3, and we would have been none the wiser, really. When you want to get them hooked, filler episodes aren't really the way to do it? Sure, it gives some background, but we could have gotten that as part of the later episodes. They seem to have gotten excited by the idea of ending episode 2 with, "and now, we're going to CHANGE EVERYTHING"
Quote Reply