Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

how many miles out of Vittoria Corsa Speed G+
Quote | Reply
How many miles did you get out of these before they punctured or you didnt trust them anymore
Quote Reply
Re: how many miles out of Vittoria Corsa Speed G+ [cantswim24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine lasted around 100 miles, during my second ride with those tires, the rear punctured so badly that sealant didn't worked to stop the puncture, and the hole in the tire was so big that the Genuine Innovations tubeless tire repair kit didn't worked.

I do not trust them anymore. Have experienced myself what almost everyone else is saying. These tires are very puncture prone.

They feel great and are very fast, but in my opinion not worth the risk compared to other options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably 1000 before the rear was getting too thin for comfort. I actually think the TLRs are a bit better in terms of wear, but I tried crit racing on them and they were scary as sh*t. Vitoria doesn't rate the TLR as a high grip tire and I can confirm that.

If you are looking for an open tubular with tan sidewalks, I would certainly do the Specialized cotton turbos over the G+. Durable, low Crr and Tom A approved for gravel riding. The TLRs still rule the Crr roost though. I can't see using anything else as a rear TT tire.
Quote Reply
Re: how many miles out of Vittoria Corsa Speed G+ [pabloarc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
56. Don't do it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Edit: I'm assuming we are specifically discussing the Corsa Speed (Open TLR) tubeless tire).

Maybe you have seen my other posts, but I'm at two flats in ~165 miles. My only two flats in about 5 years; road, tri, cyclocross, mtb, commuting. Separate tires, front at mile ~45 and rear at mile ~138. The second was literally a chip seal pebble that worked through the center of the tread. I blasted a pothole hard at a half in August without flatting that surprised me though. I actually went tubed for racing Saturday since latex tubes are fairly puncture resistance on their own and don't add any rolling resistance. It's just such a pain to mount those tires in general and it only gets harder with an inner tube. I'm done racing for the year and I can't say I'm inclined to use these tires next year. I even have a 3rd still in the box.

They are freaking fast when they have air in them though.
Last edited by: dangle: Sep 25, 17 10:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cantswim24 wrote:
How many miles did you get out of these before they punctured or you didnt trust them anymore

1500km all race kms, and still going strong, crits/road racing, not a single puncture, I have latex tubes in them, I think they last more than C 4000s, or the same but they wear more evenly. I have at list another 500km to think abut changing them.
Quote Reply
Re: how many miles out of Vittoria Corsa Speed G+ [hutchy_belfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hutchy can I presume you live in a place where the roads are fairly rough. I intend to use these on a smooth northern florida roads
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not really it was a relatively well paved 70.3. Cut clean through the rear and I could see the pink of the latex tube 5mm long. I'm very fortunate not to have punctured but now have the worlds most expensive trainer tyre
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't wait for kileyay to chime in on this one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done an HIM where it had rained and there were people getting flats everywhere, an Olympic, and Ironman, three training rides, and a sprint. The tires definitely don't wear quickly, mine look mostly new still. Given all the problems others have reported I'm considering whether I should ditch them for my next race.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cantswim24 wrote:

~1300 miles before the tread wore through on a rear application, set up tubeless. More info here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6337421#p6337421

But yeah...it's hard to beat the "Belgian Waffle Ride and L'Eroica California tested tough" Turbo Cottons for best combination of durabilty and speed

https://www.instagram.com/...?taken-by=tom_anhalt

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: how many miles out of Vittoria Corsa Speed G+ [sebo2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sebo2000 wrote:
cantswim24 wrote:

1500km all race kms, and still going strong, crits/road racing, not a single puncture, I have latex tubes in them, I think they last more than C 4000s, or the same but they wear more evenly. I have at list another 500km to think abut changing them.

Huh...~200km = ~1300 miles. Sounds similar ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These tires are so bad the even flat when you're not riding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cantswim24 wrote:

My luck has so far been good. I have 2 sprints, 4x 70.3, and Ironman (knock on wood). I do notice that lots of pebbles, glass etc get stuck in the ribs of these tires. I flush out the pebbles rocks after each use with an old toothbrush.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The problem with these threads is that they attract responses from people who have had bad luck. I was reading a thread about how flat prone GP 4000s are. WHat are you suppososed to ride Armadillos? Those solid tires for wind trainers?

Now that think about it, I rode my G+s for a race with a big gravel section last year. Conditions were horrible wth lots of washboard and loose gravel. I didn't flat where lots of others did and I sure the hell appreciated the 30-40 watts they save over a Gatorskin because I spent the last 50-60 miles in a 3 man break.

There is nothing inherently wrong with the TLR. Will it last forever? No. Is it more prone to sidewall issues compared to a Gatorskin? Yes. Are there many tires I would have Preferred or would have been faster. No, though the Cotton Turbo would be my preferred choice if I rode it again.
Quote Reply
Re: how many miles out of Vittoria Corsa Speed G+ [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
sebo2000 wrote:
cantswim24 wrote:

Huh...~200km = ~1300 miles. Sounds similar ;-)

2000km=1300mils :) I'm sure I will be able to get a bit more, having said that: all my Continetnal 4000s developing flat top around that mileage and need to be changed as well, at list for racing...Those Vittoria tires are absolutely the best for crit racing, and there is no better tire for wet crit racing, grip like no others.

I used them on HED 6 + for few 40km itt, felt good, but so my Continental attacks, can't tell the difference, maybe less aero vs Attacks...

Those are not training tires...and I use them with latex tubes
Quote Reply
Re: how many miles out of Vittoria Corsa Speed G+ [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
These tires are so bad the even flat when you're not riding.

Now THAT sounds like "user error" ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: how many miles out of Vittoria Corsa Speed G+ [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just get the Vittoria Corsa G+, they are only 5 watts slower in rolling resistance and they are much more puncture resistant. The Corsa Speed G+ is really only capable of being using in a perfectly smooth road or a concrete track.
I have used my Corsa G+ for almost over 100 miles and they still have yet to show any signs of wear. They just seem to get really dirty real fast though and even though they have a bit of a rougher ride than most tires I had ever used, even Specialized, they seem to handle better since the rubber is so sticky.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get about 1500 miles out of mine. I rotate the tires once a month to get an even wear.
Quote Reply