Re: BarryP isn’t around so I’ll say it... [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
orphious wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
orphious wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Donald Trump wants us to respect First Amendment Rights when it comes to neo nazis doing stupid neo nazi shit.

Donald Trump wants football players to be ‘fired’ for kneeling during anthems.

Somewhat related...

Golden State Warriors will not visit the White House.

Whitest sport ever... Pittsburgh Penguins say they will be visiting the White House.

It’s been a fun weekend. Carry on.

Although I have always thought The Pumpkin Pyschopath was an idiot, a liar, a mysoginist, a nationalist sympathize, and a all around terrible person ... I was always willing to believe that he was not a racist, just a panderer.

Now I think he is a racist in addition to all this other great things. Fuck that guy.

Why? Because he wants people to stand for the Anthem? That's about the stupidest argument I have heard for labeling Trump a racist yet. I think they should stand for the anthem. Does that make me a racist as well? Once again, everyone, including Trump, is making this a much larger issue than it needs to be. Want to protest and and dont stand for the Anthem.. who cares.. have it. But dont label people racist because they disagree with you.

Let's see... he believes strongly in freedom of speech when "good people" like those nazis protest, but condemns protests when it is black guys kneeling for the anthem. Disagree all you want, he is a unrepentant nazi sympathizer racist scumbag.

Bullshit. But what ever. You go on and keep making shit up. It just makes you look really, really stupid.

Great argument. Go fuck yourself.

I learned long ago not to argue with shit heads like you. I get the feeling if Trump came out in support of breathing, you would hold your breathe just to spite him. As wrong as Trump is in this case, it doesnt make him a racist. You are so blinded by your hatred of him you dont realize how dumb your comments are about him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You do realize you resorted to stereotyping an entire race to try and prove your point. I think that may make you more of a racist then Trump.

There are a lot of arguments against what Trump did yesterday. It was buffoonish and in poor taste for a man who is President, but labeling him a racist for calling out NFL and NBA players would seem to point towards you being racist.

CaptainCanada wrote:
orphious wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Donald Trump wants us to respect First Amendment Rights when it comes to neo nazis doing stupid neo nazi shit.

Somewhat related...

Whitest sport ever... Pittsburgh Penguins say they will be visiting the White House.

Although I have always thought The Pumpkin Pyschopath was an idiot, a liar, a mysoginist, a nationalist sympathize, and a all around terrible person ... I was always willing to believe that he was not a racist, just a panderer.

Now I think he is a racist in addition to all this other great things. Fuck that guy.

Why? Because he wants people to stand for the Anthem? That's about the stupidest argument I have heard for labeling Trump a racist yet. I think they should stand for the anthem. Does that make me a racist as well? Once again, everyone, including Trump, is making this a much larger issue than it needs to be. Want to protest and and dont stand for the Anthem.. who cares.. have it. But dont label people racist because they disagree with you.

Let's see... he believes strongly in freedom of speech when "good people" like those nazis protest, but condemns protests when it is black guys kneeling for the anthem. Disagree all you want, he is a unrepentant nazi sympathizer racist scumbag.
Quote Reply
Re: BarryP isn’t around so I’ll say it... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
efernand wrote:
Quote:
I agree that people should stand for the anthem but the NFL allowed it to happen because of Freedom of Speech. Now Trump comes along and takes the opposite view.

Your cognitive dissonance is strong.

Trump is not saying that people don't have the First Amendment right to not stand for the national anthem. He's just saying that the teams(private entities), should fire them. In the same way many people (including people here) said that people identified at the white supremacist rally could/should be fired.

Unfortunately, Mr. Trump is the President of the United States. If he was private citizen Trump, then his statements would be nothing more than personal opinion about private business practices. But since he's elected leader of the Executive Branch Trump, it's a bit trickier to separate his speech from governmental interference in 1st Amendment rights. His statement can be interpreted as the United States government taking the position that American citizens should be penalized for exercising their Constitutional rights.

Whether he, or you (or anyone really) likes it or not, what he says carries a different meaning and level of significance starting when he raised his hand and swore the oath of office.

I agree that Trump should not say this because he is President, and that has a different dynamic to it than hearing from citizen Trump. Also, Trump's fighting fire with fire (lack of respect with lack of respect) is unlikely to change many hearts and minds, so it's a bad strategy in my opinion.

At the same time we can be pretty sure that ESPN or CBS or NBC or ABC or the NFL network would be firing any citizen that said what Trump said. In fact, I'm not so sure FOX wouldn't have suspended such an employee. So in that way, Trump might be giving voice to the powerless here.
Last edited by: SH: Sep 25, 17 10:59
Quote Reply
Re: BarryP isn’t around so I’ll say it... [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
So in that way, Trump might be giving voice to the powerless here.

Oh wow, Barry would have a field day with this softball.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: BarryP isn’t around so I’ll say it... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
SH wrote:

So in that way, Trump might be giving voice to the powerless here.

Oh wow, Barry would have a field day with this softball.

Well, I bet JSA would post this: Are these yours?

Last edited by: SH: Sep 25, 17 11:37
Quote Reply
Re: BarryP isn’t around so I’ll say it... [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who am I stereotyping? Nazis? Nazi sympathizers?

Your arguments are idiotic.

jwbeuk wrote:
You do realize you resorted to stereotyping an entire race to try and prove your point. I think that may make you more of a racist then Trump.

There are a lot of arguments against what Trump did yesterday. It was buffoonish and in poor taste for a man who is President, but labeling him a racist for calling out NFL and NBA players would seem to point towards you being racist.

CaptainCanada wrote:
orphious wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Somewhat related...

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: BarryP isn’t around so I’ll say it... [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you are drawing an equivalency between white supremacists yelling "Kills the Jews" and a black man taking a knee during the national anthem to call attention to racial injustice?
Quote Reply
Re: BarryP isn’t around so I’ll say it... [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:

Seems like a good pic for those who are offended by people kneeling during the anthem. Buck up snowflake.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: BarryP isn’t around so I’ll say it... [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Do you think the NFL should have allowed it? I don't. These guys are on the job. I certainly dont have total freedom of speech in my job and certainly protesting at my place of employment would be highly frowned upon and I would possibly be fired. But the NFL is their employer and has allowed the players to protest. NFLs decision, now they face the blow back from the fans that feel differently.

Yeah, but that shit works both ways ~ We don't start every workday by having the entire office observe a mandatory patriotic charade, either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed as I am not offended by them. Dont think its appropriate but like I said I dont really give a shit.
Quote Reply
Re: BarryP isn’t around so I’ll say it... [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No we don't. And which is why I suspect the NFL is fine with the protests.
Quote Reply

Prev Next