Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

RIP Charles Bradley
Quote | Reply
Only started listening to his stuff in the last couple of years, he had a late start in the music business and was only just starting to get real recognition recently. Aaand.. fucking cancer.

This probably belongs in the "cover versions better than the original" thread (actually, I think it may be there):

Quote Reply
Re: RIP Charles Bradley [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crap. RIP. He had a rough life. But was a winner and joyful man.

I saw him just two months ago. Was in a festival so performance was only one hour. However, it was one of top ten, no maybe top five, performances I've ever seen. My mouth was hanging open the whole time. Good band. Great singer. And a real Performer.

I've listened to him a bit since on spotify and he is sometimes on local alt radio. Will have to buy his albums (2-3?) now.

My 21 y/o daughter was with me. I hate to pass the news to her. So sad.

Gonna cue him up on system right now. RIP Charles.

So powerful and alive in July. Shocking.

Thanks for this notice.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: RIP Charles Bradley [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bummer. Just started listening to him in the last year. Remarkable talent, and his 2016 album is on my list as a top 5 for the year. And yes, his rendition of Changes is better than the original. It's probably my pick for song of the year for 2016. RIP.
Quote Reply