Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I finally pulled the Woodway treadmill trigger [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I had a chance to run on a curve a few weeks ago. One of the local boutique fitness studio (like 90% girls) has them and the workout is half on the curve doing intervals and half on a Pilates type machine. They are trying to get more guys to come and our friend was DJ'ing one of the classes so a group of us went. I died on the Pilates but enjoyed running on the curve. Due to the curve, I felt like if you had a long stride, and caught the belt at the top of the curve, it would carry through and build up speed on the belt, to slow down I had to make an effort to target landing my feet under me rather than out front. I know that's the preferred landing spot when running, but I think due to my stride length and the curve distance I was catching it more out front.
Quote Reply
Re: I finally pulled the Woodway treadmill trigger [Gtjojo189] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My health club has about ten Woodways in addition to many other more traditional treadmills. The Woodways are simply awesome and by far preferred by people actually running on the treadmills. I've frequently considered springing for one myself and completely understand the cult. What's holding me back? I much prefer running outside to the Woodway and there are very few weather conditions where I won't run outside. If I bought one, I don't think I'd use it very much.
Last edited by: hiro11: Jan 2, 18 14:25
Quote Reply
Re: I finally pulled the Woodway treadmill trigger [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Quote:
Also interested (more so what are the results when you hot the road for a race).

I'm not Herbert but this is what I had to say earlier in the thread when someone asked a similar question.

Quote:
I haven't noticed any difficulties but I do most of my running outside. I average 2-3 runs per week on a Woodway or around 8-10 miles total. Probably another 50-60 miles outside. I did have to do a 16 miler during Hurricane Harvey on the Woodway and other than the boredom it was great.

Do a 5k effort on the treadmill then one in road race...
Quote Reply
Re: I finally pulled the Woodway treadmill trigger [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
songmak wrote:
Any update?

Also interested (more so what are the results when you hot the road for a race). I tested one myself, it can be more exhausting, but something feels too unnatural about it

I log a lot of my miles on my woodway year-round, nearly 100% of my miles during winter. Either my treadmill is calibrated wrong, or something about the surface causes me to run more slowly than I do outside. Otherwise, there is no issue running or racing outside after having done all/most of my miles on it.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: I finally pulled the Woodway treadmill trigger [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I definitely run slower on the woodway. I bought one a year and a half ago and love the deck - feels great. And now that we are stuck in this cold as a witch's tit weather for the last 2 weeks and I am just getting over a respiratory illness I have been stuck running indoors - so it was a good investment.
Just noticed that zwift is for running too which has made it more entertaining....notice the lag time with running that I do not see with cycling - keeps me entertained.

My used mercury woodway was a great investment even if I still hate running indoors
Quote Reply
Re: I finally pulled the Woodway treadmill trigger [songmak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have it now in my pain cave and I run often on it. Yesterday my wife was on call at the hospital and I ran twice on it. I ususlly run it with Zwift and I alternate running either at 1% incline or no incline. I am super happy I made the purchase and will soon write a front page story with many details and also as there was a hiccup on the way.
Quote Reply

Prev Next