Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P6 about to be unveiled @ InterBike?
Quote | Reply
While I am (pointlessly) waiting for Canyon to start selling their SpeedMax CF SLX 9.0, I just rean an article from Triathlete Magazine saying: "While rumors of a yet-to-be-unveiled P6 flew around the show, reps said we’d still have to wait and see"

Thoughts?

Source: http://www.triathlete.com/...#83avUsLf76ktrxxq.99

Follow me on IG: @Commandersnake
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P6 about to be unveiled @ InterBike? [commandersnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Priced around $20,000.

Yes, that was half-pink font. :-)

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P6 about to be unveiled @ InterBike? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy Derailleur! $20K??? Do you have a quotable source for that intel, or is it an inside source?

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P6 about to be unveiled @ InterBike? [commandersnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
commandersnake wrote:
Holy Derailleur! $20K??? Do you have a quotable source for that intel, or is it an inside source?

I was kidding with the pink font. But it was half kidding because if the P5X costs $15,000 a P6 might get damn near close to $20,000.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A P5D. D is for Dentist.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P6 about to be unveiled @ InterBike? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
commandersnake wrote:

I was kidding with the pink font. But it was half kidding because if the P5X costs $15,000 a P6 might get damn near close to $20,000.

Not all P5X versions cost $15K. You can get the Ultegra version and HED wheels for $9K, which is a similar price point than Jan Frodeno's Canyon...
(Before I get ROASTED by the wind tunnel angry worshipers, I am not comparing the two bikes' performance, but only their price)

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P6 about to be unveiled @ InterBike? [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
A P5D. D is for Dentist.

Leave dentists alone! If it wasn't for dentists, we wouldn't have a sport! /pink
-J (not a dentist)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is tough. But it's tougher when you're stupid. -John Wayne
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
commandersnake wrote:
While I am (pointlessly) waiting for Canyon to start selling their SpeedMax CF SLX 9.0, I just rean an article from Triathlete Magazine saying: "While rumors of a yet-to-be-unveiled P6 flew around the show, reps said we’d still have to wait and see"

Thoughts?

I was at Interbike. I was at Cervelo Brainbike. I was at the Cervelo booth multiple times. I heard some things that aren't ready for prime time (most of which that have nothing to do with product).

I did not hear any rumor about a P6 or anything like it, at all, from others dealers, reps, consultants who worked with Cervelo on previous bikes, or fanboys who think Cervelo makes good product. I heard no such rumor from other vendors, either. If Cervelo does have something up its sleeve, they missed a golden opportunity to whet the appetite of the people who will be selling it.

I could be completely wrong and as a bike geek I really hope so, but my first reaction to reading this blurb is that it is completely made up.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Last edited by: trentnix: Sep 22, 17 12:43
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P6 about to be unveiled @ InterBike? [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
commandersnake wrote:

Thoughts?

I was at Interbike. I was at Cervelo Brainbike. I was at the Cervelo booth multiple times. I heard some things that aren't ready for prime time (most of which that have nothing to do with product).

I did not hear any rumor about a P6 or anything like it, at all, from others dealers, reps, consultants who worked with Cervelo on previous bikes, or fanboys who think Cervelo makes good product. I heard no such rumor from other vendors, either. If Cervelo does have something up its sleeve, they missed a golden opportunity to whet the appetite of the people who will be selling it.

I could be completely wrong and as a bike geek I really hope so, but my first reaction to reading this blurb is that it is completely made up.

Thanks a lot for the input. Specially coming from someone who was at Interbike. We, the mortals with no possibilities to go to the show, rely on stuff we read from "Credible?" sources such as Triathlete Mag.

Just so we're clear, there's one thing I'm not sure you expressed properly... Are you, or are you not a BIG fan of Cervelo? :-D hahaha

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a financial interest in Cervelo making excellent bikes. :)

Trent Nix
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
I have a financial interest in Cervelo making excellent bikes. :)

Well, that actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks again. :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe my sarcasm meter is off? Last I checked. TriShop didn't carry Cervelo products?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P6 about to be unveiled @ InterBike? [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They do now.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P6 about to be unveiled @ InterBike? [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, cool. Congrats to Tri Shop.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P6 about to be unveiled @ InterBike? [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks much. We feel like it's a great fit.

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did not hear any rumor about a P6 or anything like it,

Nor did, I Trent, and I am pretty close with some key people at Cervelo.

It's worth noting that Cervelo was the only bike brand of significance who was on the show floor with a booth of decent size - with most of their key people and Sales Reps there. The booth was buzzing every time I passed by it.

Might this be the start of a bit of a revival?

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P6 about to be unveiled @ InterBike? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So no P2 or P3 type bike from Cervelo with Disc brakes? Oh well, can spend the money on something else like solar panels from my roof. :)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P6 about to be unveiled @ InterBike? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So no P2 or P3 type bike from Cervelo with Disc brakes?

Dave,

I have no idea. At Interbike, I don't really pay that much attention to the product. To me it's the meetings, the contacts, and the networking that are most important to me!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats what I did.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P6 about to be unveiled @ InterBike? [Nazgul350r] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nazgul350r wrote:
Thats what I did.

This will sure make the wife happy, can run that air anytime she wants.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P6 about to be unveiled @ InterBike? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
It's worth noting that Cervelo was the only bike brand of significance who was on the show floor with a booth of decent size - with most of their key people and Sales Reps there. The booth was buzzing every time I passed by it.

Might this be the start of a bit of a revival?

Hmm, the biggest booth with the most staff attracts the most people... surprise!

A revival for who?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P6 about to be unveiled @ InterBike? [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A revival for who?

A revival of major brands coming back to Interbike - possibly

The original purpose of a trade show like Interbike was transactional - sellers and buyers meeting up, and sales/orders being produced. In years past, the success of a Trade Show like Interbike, was how many orders did you get at the show!

That does not happen much any more at a trade show like Interbike. It's more about building relationships, finding new prospects, and creating a presence in a business.

If you get beyond the transactional barrier then you can measure the success of a show like Interbike by other methods.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
So no P2 or P3 type bike from Cervelo with Disc brakes? Oh well, can spend the money on something else like solar panels from my roof. :)

I'm spending my (borrowed) money on computer software.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P6 about to be unveiled @ InterBike? [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Hmm, the biggest booth with the most staff attracts the most people... surprise!

A revival for who?
There's always some of that, even though they didn't have the biggest booth or the most staff. They just had a compelling booth and a strong presence.

Cervelo is a brand, like many others, that is caught between a war of the "support the line" superpowers (think Trek and Specialized) and smaller upstarts pushing product down each and every channel they can, as fast as they can. In the years following the sale to Pon, Cervelo wasn't always the best partner and strained many of the relationships they had with their dealers. They've been on a full court press trying to become a better partner so they can have good representation in the challenging times to come, and their Interbike presence is part of that.

I don't think it will result in a revival of big brands coming to the show, but when the rest don't bother to show up it makes their presence and the buzz it generates that much more valuable. Lots of brands didn't have an official presence to save money, and for some that is probably more of a missed opportunity than cost savings.

The mood among vendors seems to have shifted a bit from what it was a year ago - there is a recognition that times have changed and a presence online is necessary, but the direct-to-consumer and magic "buy-it-now" buttons isn't the panacea that was promised. I've long believed that direct-to-consumer is a smaller market consisting primarily of enthusiasts, but many have sold it as if they expected it would mean they could reach bigger market. For a small brand that has little exposure, it is a bigger market and can be successful. But for those that need to sell in higher volumes, maybe not so much. Time will tell.

I just know that you don't really get to do both well. You might offer "direct" fulfillment options, but if you plan on working with IBDs that is where your commitment as to be. And vice-versa, if you are committed to direct fulfillment, there really isn't a way to work with IBDs and make it profitable for everyone involved.

Some vendors seem to agree judging by their words and behavior. They recognize that having good dealers in good locations that represent the product well and pay their bills is going to be absolutely critical over the next few years, and that's where they are investing. The side effect is that it will squeeze other players out of the IBD and they'll be forced to commit to direct-to-consumer. That's going to make direct-to-consumer awfully crowded, very soon.

It's going to be an entertaining few years.

Trent Nix
Quote Reply