Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Haribo as Nutrition [Vincible] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in Europe, and I eat them a lot during training, and sometimes in races. Haribo do their own version of the Jelly Baby, and they are very good. Soft, easy to chew and digest, and very moreish. I use them when I don't feel like chugging down gels or similar. However, I have recently moved towards Shot Bloks for races as they are easier to digest.

I tend to eat Haribo when I am doing a slow race, like an ultra run, where my gut is not under such duress and I also want to have a bit of variety in food. It is weird, but for me, when I am doing long runs, I sometimes crave salty foods like marmite sandwiches, and other times sugar, and I like to listen to what my body is asking for.

So yeah, Haribo rocks, but the gummi bears that they are famous for are a little too firm. Fortunately they make about 100 other jelly sweets, and many of them are a lot softer and easier to chew.

Strong recommendations:

1) Jelly babies (but Haribo, not Bassett)
2) Tangfastic Crocodiles
3) Peaches
4) Giant Strawbs (much harder than the above three, but they stick to your teeth in such a delightful way .... well, to me anyway)

Great for training!
Last edited by: Misery: Sep 27, 17 13:05
Quote Reply
Re: Haribo as Nutrition [TravelingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love all gummies during longer rides. Even the basic fruit gummies from the grocer. Nicely portioned too.

Jeremy Quijano
Kona Swim Bike Run
Shop Manager
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Custom Frames @ Quijano Bike Co.
Quote Reply

Prev Next