Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Golden Cheetah Power Adjustment
Quote | Reply
Maybe one of you Golden Cheetah users can help me since I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

I have a Tacx Vortex Smart, and GC detects it and can control it fine. The problem is that I have a Quarq PM that pretty consistently reads power 10% lower than the Tacx. I can't get GC to detect the Quarq for the life of me, so I'd like to either

1) Figure out a way to recalibrate the power GC is reading from the Tacx by -10%, or
2) Figure out a way to recalibrate the power the Tacx is sending by -10%, or
3) Figure out a way to get GC to detect the Quarq
Quote Reply
Re: Golden Cheetah Power Adjustment [Apocalypse Cow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apocalypse Cow wrote:
Maybe one of you Golden Cheetah users can help me since I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

I have a Tacx Vortex Smart, and GC detects it and can control it fine. The problem is that I have a Quarq PM that pretty consistently reads power 10% lower than the Tacx. I can't get GC to detect the Quarq for the life of me, so I'd like to either

1) Figure out a way to recalibrate the power GC is reading from the Tacx by -10%, or
This kind of adjustment is available pos-facto (Edit > Adjust Power Values), but not while you are training.

Apocalypse Cow wrote:
3) Figure out a way to get GC to detect the Quarq
I would try to put the ANT+ Stick closer to the PM, eventually using an USB extension cable, but perhaps at GoldenCheetah user forum you can get other ideas.

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Golden Cheetah Power Adjustment [Apocalypse Cow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just for future users who might have this question...

I found the way to pair the Quarq was to assign one of the unused channels to "power" so I had two power channels. The Tacx was always picked up first, but opening a second channel allowed the Quarq to also be picked up. Then I just reset the Tacx power channel to "unused," so the only power data Golden Cheetah was listening to was the Quarq.

Took me a while to figure out that GC works that way, but now that I've figured it out, it's all good.
Quote Reply