Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: There's an OSU football game on Saturday, and people are already staking tailgating spots. [trimick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trimick wrote:
j p o wrote:
patf wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:
How long before you move to Ohio?

Aren't they TOSU? They get so uppity about that definite article.

Yes they are.

I have a degree from 2 of the 3 OSUs. But I was in grad school taking night classes while fully employed so I have no idea of campus life.

Is Eskimo Joe's still a thing?

Is either of them from the actual OSU or just the pretenders?

I was confused why anyone cared enough about UNLV to tailgate days ahead of the game. But then if I had to go to Ok State I would have to be drunk for several days every week too.

You do realize that Oregon State was founded before Ohio State right 1868 vs 1870. So the actual one would Oregon State

If only age were the deciding factor.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: There's an OSU football game on Saturday, and people are already staking tailgating spots. [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
MOP_Roy wrote:
I went to a SEC school. .

You admit to that?

Vanderbilt is a SEC school.

Somehow...
Quote Reply
Re: There's an OSU football game on Saturday, and people are already staking tailgating spots. [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tents and camp chair are so amateurish. SEC fans also stake their tailgating spots on Thursday.

Quote Reply
Re: There's an OSU football game on Saturday, and people are already staking tailgating spots. [Sideways] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

The question is serious - will they pitch tents for the night?

Depends on how drunk they get during the day...

LOL

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: There's an OSU football game on Saturday, and people are already staking tailgating spots. [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
I'm new to this school and football culture. (Oklahoma State - yes, I just came from Oregon State. The letters and colors matching are quite convenient).

Walking around campus this afternoon, there were people sitting in camp chairs in seemingly semirandom spots. I believe they are staking tailgating spots.

It is THURSDAY! The game is SATURDAY!

Will they pitch tents when it gets dark?

I just do not understand this culture. However, the gym will open an hour early on Saturday, and the indoor pool will be open - they aren't usually open on weekends - so I am excited about the game for its positive effects on things I care about.

Of course it would be a foreign concept coming from Beavis U ~ pretty sure they dropped football as a varsity sport back in the late '80s...
Quote Reply
Re: There's an OSU football game on Saturday, and people are already staking tailgating spots. [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

The question is serious - will they pitch tents for the night?

So ... many ... inappropriate ... responses ... must ... not ... go ... there ...

Mine usually gets pitched in the mornings, right about when the Mrs is getting out of the shower.
Quote Reply
Re: There's an OSU football game on Saturday, and people are already staking tailgating spots. [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
trimick wrote:
j p o wrote:
patf wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

Yes they are.

I have a degree from 2 of the 3 OSUs. But I was in grad school taking night classes while fully employed so I have no idea of campus life.

I was confused why anyone cared enough about UNLV to tailgate days ahead of the game. But then if I had to go to Ok State I would have to be drunk for several days every week too.

You do realize that Oregon State was founded before Ohio State right 1868 vs 1870. So the actual one would Oregon State

What is the deciding factor?
Quote Reply
Re: There's an OSU football game on Saturday, and people are already staking tailgating spots. [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Tents and camp chair are so amateurish. SEC fans also stake their tailgating spots on Thursday.

This. UF parking lots on campus were filled with pimped out RVs by midday Friday for home games.
Quote Reply
Re: There's an OSU football game on Saturday, and people are already staking tailgating spots. [trimick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In case you didn't know the official name of Ohio State is "The Ohio State University" The is part of the official name that is why it is The OSU. I won't argue if it is the actual OSU.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trimick wrote:
j p o wrote:
trimick wrote:
j p o wrote:
patf wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

Yes they are.

What is the deciding factor?

Pick one.
http://colleges.startclass.com/...gon-State-University

Shirley you aren't going to base it on athletic accomplishments.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: There's an OSU football game on Saturday, and people are already staking tailgating spots. [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TCU up 10
Quote Reply
Re: There's an OSU football game on Saturday, and people are already staking tailgating spots. [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We appear to have lost to the horned frogs.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply

Prev Next