Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blade Runner Memories: Implanted or Otherwise
Quote | Reply
I never got to see Blade Runner in the theater. I remember watching it on TV years later, not really understanding what I was seeing, but knowing it was important. I rented it on VHS with a bunch of friends and repeat-binge watched it.

When the narrationless version came out, I introduced another friend to it, and she immediately got the unicorn reference, which I hadn't because I'd been brainwashed by the original. I told her she was wrong until I thought about it a while and realized she (a total non-SF fan) was completely right and the "proper" version of the movie was way, way better.

The Final Cut (version #7), is definitely the best, but I have a soft spot for the original, even though it's a little cornier and a little more simplified. But that original ending - man, I hated that even way back then.
Quote Reply
Re: Blade Runner Memories: Implanted or Otherwise [swimwithstones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean Young....shudder.....was my first official crush. We have it on DVD, not sure which cut, but have it queued upto watch before the new one hits theaters.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Blade Runner Memories: Implanted or Otherwise [swimwithstones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recall seeing that in the theater w/ my dad and an uncle who was visiting at the time, must have been about 13; it was the first R-rated movie I got to watch in public (i.e., not counting staying up late to watch HBO or Showtime at my friends house).

I recall even then thinking that it wasn't set nearly far enough into the future for all that technology to have arrived so soon. And here we are...
Quote Reply
Re: Blade Runner Memories: Implanted or Otherwise [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah here we are dying for the next release to come out. I swear I'm going to see the new movie in IMAX.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw it at a film festival while I was in high school, glad my first viewing was on a big screen. Definitely made an impression on my impressionable mind. Got me interested in science fiction.
Quote Reply