Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Surfing Comes to Cen Cal [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Be nice to be out on the water, sitting on your board knowing there are no 20 foot Great Whites lurking beneath you.
Quote Reply
Re: Surfing Comes to Cen Cal [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
Be nice to be out on the water, sitting on your board knowing there are no 20 foot Great Whites lurking beneath you.

It's the two legged creatures land creatures that you really should be worrying about. And the water itself.
Quote Reply
Re: Surfing Comes to Cen Cal [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
zedzded wrote:

It's the two legged creatures land creatures that you really should be worrying about. And the water itself.

And not getting pounded into a shallow reef.
Quote Reply
Re: Surfing Comes to Cen Cal [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I watched 90 seconds of that video and got bored.

The beauty of surfing is the uniqueness of every wave—that pool just pumps out perfect waves one after another. I'll pass. Cool concept, though.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Surfing Comes to Cen Cal [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
zedzded wrote:

We have an estimated 5400 Great Whites cruising up and down our coast (WA) and we are the shark capital of the world. Although I get your sentiment, I now restrict where and when I go surfing. I've got kids. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Surfing Comes to Cen Cal [Giant Steps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Giant Steps wrote:
ubdawg wrote:
Endo wrote:
Sounds like he's also setting it up to hold competition events, so I'm sure that will be a big part of recouping the investment and business model.

When I was younger and living in Arizona we had a local surf competition at the wave pool. I won the competition and set my sights on becoming one of the big boys out in Hawaii.
One my first run some local douche got in my way and wiped out. His buddies stole my board and chased me from the beach. After meeting a local old timer I finally started to become a real surfer and understand the local culture. Picked up a sweet chick along the way too. Here's a picture of me and her enjoying some quality beach time together.

No one listens to Turtle!

Quote Reply
Re: Surfing Comes to Cen Cal [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump.

Video at Stab Mag about how it works....

http://stabmag.com/...w-kellys-wave-works/

As usual at Stab, the comments are gold!

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Surfing Comes to Cen Cal [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great shot of a surfer who ended up with a broken back.

Quote Reply

Prev Next