Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: These are the idiots in charge of educating our children [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a teacher in Arizona having her students recite a revised Declaration of Independence...

Quote Reply
Re: These are the idiots in charge of educating our children [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
gregtryin wrote:
torrey wrote:
gregtryin wrote:
Perspective, my ass. It is the administrators that don't have 'perspective'. They are the overreactive idiots that started all of this including putting it on the kid's permanent record. If it was my kid, I'd become the biggest pain in the ass they ever met.

Speaking of overreaction, Why? As noted earlier, why do you care about this going on their permanent record. Do you think at some point in the future your kid will be vetted for a job and it will come out that they made a terrorist threat in kindergarten? Are you still haunted by your elementary school permanent record?

They put it on his record to so that if it happens again and again they can document a pattern. If it happens once in kindergarten then no big deal and nothing adverse will happen to the child.

I think you missed my point. I don't care about any of the things you mentioned. I am sick of hyperreactive, morally superior, liberal idiots that have infested our educational system and turned it into an indoctrination system at every opportunity. That's what I care about and I'd push back against it. Somebody has to.

Greg

I'm genuinely curious as to what you hope to achieve and teach you child in the process of doing this. How do you think this will further your child's growth? What outcome do you hope for. What would success look like in your eyes? What would failure look like? How would you go about doing this?

I'm also curious what generation you come from, did you have a stay at home parent growing up and how old (general idea) are your kids?

It's fascinating how differently people view this.

To share, I have an elementary school child, am gen X and grew up as a latch key kid. So I really like natural consequences as a teacher- since they worked pretty well for me IMO.

"I'm genuinely curious..."

When I hear this, I think the same thing as when a politician prefaces his opinion about something with, "Clearly..." But, I'll take a chance that you are sincere.

What I would 'hope to achieve' in this case is teaching my child not to accept incorrect and invalid judgments from others that have an agenda to indoctrinate me with their own biases. The outcome would be that he would stringently fight those that would try to control his behavior to their liking. Success, in this case, would look like school administrators issuing an apology and removing whatever notations they claim to be making in his 'permanent record', whatever the hell that means to a five year old kindergartner. They know it means nothing, but their pride will not let them admit defeat as evidenced by their changing the 'charges' after it was pointed out the original charges weren't applicable by the school's own policies. They weren't applicable because the kid was FIVE years old. But still, they wouldn't just back off and let it go, they change the charges and note they will be in his 'permanent record'. What shitheads. I have seen these people like this up close and personal.

Regarding myself, I am 60YO and my kids are now 15 and 18. I grew up in a military family until my parents divorced when I was nine. I rode my bike to an integrated public school in the deep south all of the way through high school. FWIW.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Re: These are the idiots in charge of educating our children [gregtryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for answering my questions!

I appreciate it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next