Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I lost 18 pounds in 4 weeks, ask me how! [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
justgeorge wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
Amstel wrote:
Dr. Pepper and Vodka? That sounds nasty.

x2.

Vodka goes with just about everything. The Crystal Light lemonade, with or without Crystal Light sweet tea to make it an Arnold Palmer are both really good too in the summertime.

... just about everything. But not Dr. Pepper. I think you've fallen for a marketing ploy. You don't need it at 10, 2, and 4.

Hey you can't drink all day if you don't start first thing in the morning.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: I lost 18 pounds in 4 weeks, ask me how! [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justgeorge wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
justgeorge wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
Amstel wrote:
Dr. Pepper and Vodka? That sounds nasty.

x2.

Vodka goes with just about everything. The Crystal Light lemonade, with or without Crystal Light sweet tea to make it an Arnold Palmer are both really good too in the summertime.

... just about everything. But not Dr. Pepper. I think you've fallen for a marketing ploy. You don't need it at 10, 2, and 4.

Hey you can't drink all day if you don't start first thing in the morning.

Heh. I just went in for my annual physical check-up, and one of the question boxes to check on the health questionnaire was whether or not you had 5 or more drinks in a day more than once in the past year... Now I recall back in college that could easily qualify as a 'binge' when you pounded a 32-oz 7-11 tub of Everclear punch all at once or did keg stands by the half-gallon on a Friday night, but during football season depending on kickoff time you might meet up with the posse for brunch (i.e., a couple bloody Marys or mimosas), then proceed to tailgate for a couple more hours (couple beers at least, maybe a shot to commemorate some team celebrity sighting or other semi-momentous occasion), then at least a beer per half of the game, and perhaps some sort of after-party if it didn't end too late. That could easily add up to 6-10 drinks without ever really getting drunk cuz it's spread out over 10-12 hours along w/ plenty of food. If you drank that much by yourself on a weeknight after work, yeah clearly a problem, but a handful of Saturdays in the fall it's more of a social event.

Probably doesn't help my Dr is about a 100-lb Asian female...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats. That's awesome.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's now mid December, I think I'm 16 weeks or so in now, and I officially hit the 40 pound mark. I've had a couple of drinks along the way for various reasons but only 5 or so total.

My jeans don't fit right anymore; I've always worn 36x36 even when I was 190 lbs and in hard IM training, but now it's like I've got skinny old man hips and I need a belt to hold them up and I've never worn belts in my life.

I ran a 10k on Thanksgiving day on virtually no training (hadn't run more than 1 day a week and none at all in the 2 weeks before turkey day) and still ran 9:30s, which is lame and far from what I used to be able to do but I was happy.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never >200 again, that's the mission now. Well done man. Congrats!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats! Keep up the awesome work! I bet you feel much better.
Quote Reply
Re: I lost 18 pounds in 4 weeks, ask me how! (Now 40 lbs in 16 weeks) [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's tough. Good job. Don't be afraid to special request on the menu at the bar when you go out ...and stay away from anything coming out of the fryer. Good luck.

sometimes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice work!

Trying to get my shit together now...or again I should say. Got all the way down to 202 back in February then ruptured a disc at L4/L5 and it had me on my ass for months, had my 3rd back surgery in September and am just now able to start being active again. I ballooned back up to 235. Slowly starting my way back down now, my goal is to be slim and trim by summer again 175-180. Over 40 now, this shits a hell of a lot harder to get rid of when you can't spend 12 hours a week training.
Quote Reply

Prev Next