Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: First 70.3 / post race observation's and questions [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
So how would you guys handle next year?

Continue to get better at Olympic/70.3 or go to 140.6?

I'm starting to get a off season plan together that includes working on my wattage as well as my stride. I changed my running stride over the past year-and-a-half to become more of a neutral Striker and upping my run Cadence. As well as working on my swim stroke because late and swims it starts to deteriorate and it really falls apart.

The other thing I participated in this year that I really enjoyed was an individual time trial. So I hope to find some more of those next season.

I just did my 4th HIM distance race in 3 years of racing tris and finally felt like I raced this last one vs. just surviving it and I've age-group podiumed 3 out of 4 of them. I've learned a ton from each race and that has helped me get faster, race smarter, and enjoy each race a little more. Now that I've learned how to race a 70.3, I know I can continue to get faster and have a better idea of how; which is valuable knowledge since I'm self-coached. As for moving up to 140.6, I would ask do you want to survive it or do you want to race it?

"One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time."
Quote Reply

Prev Next