Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

viable crankset for BB90 to replace Shimano?
Quote | Reply
Upon recommendation on my bike fit post, I've begun looking for a 160mm replacement for the current 170 6800 crankset I currently use on my Gen2 SC.
I've been looking, but other than a few high priced options, it's difficult to find anything.

Any recommendations? I've looked at the Rotor 3D, but can't seem to find a source for the exact one I need (3D24)

I did see another post about this, and the OP asked for sources other than Cobb. What's wrong with Cobb cranksets? Because I did happen to find one that fits my needs.
Quote Reply
Re: viable crankset for BB90 to replace Shimano? [srschick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
srschick wrote:
Upon recommendation on my bike fit post, I've begun looking for a 160mm replacement for the current 170 6800 crankset I currently use on my Gen2 SC.
I've been looking, but other than a few high priced options, it's difficult to find anything.

Any recommendations? I've looked at the Rotor 3D, but can't seem to find a source for the exact one I need (3D24)

I did see another post about this, and the OP asked for sources other than Cobb. What's wrong with Cobb cranksets? Because I did happen to find one that fits my needs.

The Rotor 3D24 doesn't offer the 160mm crankarm length. Rotor only offers the shortest crankarm lengths in the 30mm spindled 3D+.

SRAM/Quarq offer 24mm spindled cranksets with crankarm lengths down to 162.5mm.

It seems that Cobb (very pricey in carbon) and Lightning (very pricey) are the only companies offering 160mm cranks for the 24mm spindle size you need for the Trek.
Quote Reply
Re: viable crankset for BB90 to replace Shimano? [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SummitAK wrote:
srschick wrote:

The Rotor 3D24 doesn't offer the 160mm crankarm length. Rotor only offers the shortest crankarm lengths in the 30mm spindled 3D+.

My wife has a 155mm Rotor 3D24 that I installed a Power2max power meter on. She's had it a couple of years but they at least did make the 3D24 in 155s and larger a couple of years ago.

YMMV,

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: viable crankset for BB90 to replace Shimano? [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:

My wife has a 155mm Rotor 3D24 that I installed a Power2max power meter on. She's had it a couple of years but they at least did make the 3D24 in 155s and larger a couple of years ago.

YMMV,

Hugh

I thought they went shorter too, but they don't currently list anything that short. On their website anyway.
Quote Reply