Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Season 8 TWD. Anyone still into the walking dead?
Quote | Reply
8 is coming in about a month according to the Mountain Dew cases I saw in the grocery store today. Anyone still in?

That's it. You can quit reading. The rambling that follows is just for folks that miss MJ.

Since I'm a cable cutter, I just finished Season Seven last night on Netflix and finished reading the two threads on the season. Did not seem like there was much enthusiasm left. Only a trickle of posts toward the end -- by my memory seems a huge difference compared to years past. Many also announcing they were out.

I found season 7 as many posted: mostly boring. The only good stuff was Negan and his folks, which was all very good. I don't care much about any of the old cast -- except Morgan. I'm sick of Rick, Carol, and Carl. I almost quit with the Love Story episode -- Rick and Michone scavenging the whole episode. Chemistry just didn't work for me. Boring. I'd rather watch the Notebook (I think, I've never seen it).

The epitome of boring was the opening of Episode 14. Five minutes with no dialog and just cinematography of people living in the Hilltop. It concludes with Rosita saying to Sasha "I came for your help." Which was a replay of the end of the previous episode. No point. Have the directors quit, leaving the cinematographers in charge?

Cartsman said it well:

Quote:
Why does everybody continue to follow Rick when he's outwitted at every turn?

I respected Michone till she told Rick in the love story episode that he'd be a great leader of the groups. No Michone, he is too f'n stupid. Stupid is inviting over and giving lots of guns to a flaky lady whom you've known for less than half an hour -- most of which time you really didn't get to know her cause she threw you in a pit with an armor clad zombie.

At first I wondered why Negan didn't kill Rick. It was because Negan knows Rick is too f'n stupid -- he outwits himself at every turn.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Season 8 TWD. Anyone still into the walking dead? [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm still a big fan and can't wait for Season 8.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still watch and watching FTWD while I wait for TWD.

FTWD is ok because the main character is like Shane from TWD. So we get to see what would have happened if Shane lived on.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I'll be watching. S8 should pick up the action somewhat, but I am suffering from WD fatigue. Not to do with Rick, not to do with Carl or any of the other characters, but I think I've moved on as a viewer.

I think it's tough for the series as the fans seem to be running out of steam before the end of source material. I wouldn't be suprised if once all out war is concluded the show ends, with a teaser of the Whisperers.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still watch, and FTWD, more out of obligation than anything else. The source material is not this amazing tome that will give years of amazing stories. I'd really like to see the show break from the comic and stop hopping from boss monster to boss monster.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watching TWD is like being a fan of a losing sports franchise. You tell yourself that it's not worth the aggravation of watching, but you tune in anyhow.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Season 8 TWD. Anyone still into the walking dead? [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
Watching TWD is like being a fan of a losing sports franchise. You tell yourself that it's not worth the aggravation of watching, but you tune in anyhow.

So much truth to this. Well said.

A false humanity is used to impose its opposite, by people whose cruelty is equalled only by their arrogance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im still watching and still like the show.. Im watching Fear as well. That is just filler till Walking Dead comes back on though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:

Not me. I gave up around season 3 or 4 when it became just a daytime soap opera occasionally interrupted by zombies.
Quote Reply
Re: Season 8 TWD. Anyone still into the walking dead? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
burnman wrote:

Not me. I gave up around season 3 or 4 when it became just a daytime soap opera occasionally interrupted by zombies.

It's the only television show that I watch with any regularity, so I think that it leaves me wanting to like it. Thankfully (or unfortunately) it airs in a time slot where I can afford to waste the hour.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Season 8 TWD. Anyone still into the walking dead? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stopped watching as soon as Negan started. I can't remember if it was last season or the season before. I think I watched the season opener when Glen got killed. The next episode was a snoozefest and I pulled the plug. Think I'll wait until it's over then watch it on Netflix.
Quote Reply
Re: Season 8 TWD. Anyone still into the walking dead? [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
Yeah, I'll be watching. S8 should pick up the action somewhat, but I am suffering from WD fatigue. Not to do with Rick, not to do with Carl or any of the other characters, but I think I've moved on as a viewer.

I think it's tough for the series as the fans seem to be running out of steam before the end of source material. I wouldn't be suprised if once all out war is concluded the show ends, with a teaser of the Whisperers.

This is where I find myself. I'll tune in out of some sense of obligation to finish it, but the excitement is gone for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Well, there are times the Toronto Maple Leaf players do resemble the walkers.

But, wait until next season, things will be different...
Last edited by: Sanuk: Sep 20, 17 9:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stopped after the 1st half of season 6. I started waiting until a half season was finished and then would binge watch it. This helped with the frustration of slow episodes, but by the time season 6 finished up, I never got around to it and realized that I wasn't really that interested anymore.

I also stopped reading the comics once Negan got captured ( a couple years ago). The story lines just got repetitive.

Side note: there seems to be an age old formula with tv series which is to write as if you have no idea how the whole thing will wrap up, and keep hoping that you get signed on for another season. This inevitably leads to things sticking around long after they "jump the shark." I'm noticing that there seem to be more shows coming out these days that simply end when they should end. Breaking Bad is a great example - 5 seasons. Battle Star Galactica was 4 seasons. Freaks and Geeks was a single season, which I think was just about perfect. It sounds like Game of Thrones will be wrapping itself up soon, which is probably pretty good timing.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought the last season sucked. I'll wait for season 8 to hit Netflix before I watch again.
Quote Reply