Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: School lockdown- does this make any sense? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's another way to look at it. I still don't know what the real story is because it has been changed a number of times but the way it started Tuesday was some type of robbery took place next town over. The three suspects fled toward our town and one was armed(supposedly, this has changed a number of times). The school found out from a parent who called so they contacted the police and asked if they should hold buses or let the kids go home. The police told them it was safe to let the buses go but they should get the kids off the fields who were practicing. At 5:15 or so the police said it was safe for them to go.

The after school program for kids whose parents both work, that operates independently of the school but on school grounds, decided on their own after getting word (also from a parent) of the situation went into "modified lock down". Not really sure what that means but I'm guessing the kids weren't allowed to play outside. Prep ( CCD for you old Catholics) was canceled as a precaution even though they were told by police it was safe. So I took my son to swim team practice at the local HS which was still going on and kids running all over the place.

Now the sh!t storm has started. Email just went out from superintendent of the school. They are reviewing all the current procedures and how to make them better. As well as getting everyone on the same page. To figure out how to communicate with parents during this type of situation. The only email we got from anyone Tuesday was from prep who relayed what was going on and then that the program was cancelled. They told my wife about it when she picked up the kids at the after school program. Everything else was word of mouth or better, social media.

My long winded theory is it probably would have been better had the school just gone into lockdown. I'm guessing they are going to be under a lot scrutiny now. Which may be part of why the schools in your county just decided to go into lock down until they figure it out.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply

Prev Next