Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Arizona 70.3 Water Temp?
Quote | Reply
anyone know what the water temperature is forecast for the Arizona 70.3 on October 22nd? Is it typically wetsuit legal? All of my google searching couldn't come up with a website that lists water temperature Tempe Town Lake so if anyone has a working link, please share.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona 70.3 Water Temp? [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, this race will more than likely be wet suit legal. I competed in this one last year, and wore my sleeveless wetsuit. The run will be warm as usual.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone do Xterra Rockhopper or splash n dash in Tempe AZ this past weekend? If so, water temp?
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona 70.3 Water Temp? [tlc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw a post from someone who did the splash and dash, and they said the water was at 71. Another source on Tempe.gov weatherlink (extra sensor temp at the very bottom)
says 74, appears it will be wetsuit legal.
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona 70.3 Water Temp? [DesertTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How was the bike course?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The announced today via FB it was 68

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona 70.3 Water Temp? [stellarkellar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bike course is okay. I feel there are too many turnarounds on the course. The course gets busier on the second lap as the slower swimmers have come out of the water. There is one hill, and that is on Curry Road, other than that, the course is pretty much flat. After participating in the Boulder half, I would much prefer Boulder over Arizona in regards to bike courses in the 70.3 distance.

After participating in IMAZ, IMTX, IMCO, I prefer the transition area of Arizona any day. It is right in the middle of the action, friends and family can see you with ease, and parking is close by or you can stay at a hotel just off the light rail.
Quote Reply