Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is there anything wrong with Challenge?
Quote | Reply
Hello, I would like to race Challenge Poznan next year (I did it last year) but the date is still TBC June 2018 and I got laconic feed back from Challenge that it will be confirmed later!
However, I find it strange that there is at least 5 Tbc date for Challenge in Europe with Poznan, Salou, Iceland, Rimini and Roma!
Should I commit to IM race instead since I am afraid IM will fill out if I wait too long?
Quote Reply
Re: Is there anything wrong with Challenge? [ppkestrel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I count 16 Ironman 70.3 races with TDB as their date on the Ironman site.
Is something wrong with Ironman? Of course not.
There are lots of complexities with putting on a race and sometimes you can't confirm the date this far out.

I heard Poznan was amazing.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there anything wrong with Challenge? [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I thought that given the complexity of organizing such an event that you would know 12 months in advance but I will wait!
I did Poznan 1/2 last year, I liked it but I wouldn't say it is amazing.
It is a good race but not at all scenic and for me it is a convenient place to race with some Polish friends but it is not a "destination" race.
Good thing is that T1 and T2 are in same place next to Malta lake, bike is straight line on highway and back to town and run was in and around Poznan but is now around Malta lake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I found strange is that i didnt get feed back from emails requesting information on this topic and the Facebook page of Challenge Family has most of the messages posted unanswered!
I did Ironmam Vichy few months ago and they were very responsives to messages.
I THINK I need to look for other race than Challenge Poznan
Quote Reply
Re: Is there anything wrong with Challenge? [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And you really think all of these will be here next year?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My n=1 is that I’ve signed up for three Challenge races. None of them have happened. I will make sure not to sign up for that one in case I’m bad luck.