Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FT: My Pair of 23 GP4000sii for your 25/26/28c pair of...something similar
Quote | Reply
Used (2000ish miles) but good condition Conti GP4000s ii in size 23, looking to trade someone for some wider rubber heading into offseason riding on the road bike.

Looking for a similar tier of tire model in used but good condition, doesn't necessarily have to be a GP4000s ii...might be open to a lower tier model of tire in new condition...probing the waters here.

Open to something in 25, 26 (Specialized models), or even perhaps 28.

Let me know what y'all have and we can exchange pics or other particulars. Located in NYC area in case anyone is local. Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: FT: My Pair of 23 GP4000sii for your 25/26/28c pair of...something similar [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump
Quote Reply
Re: FT: My Pair of 23 GP4000sii for your 25/26/28c pair of...something similar [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Friday bump?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just a thought, 2000mi on a pair of race tires is a pretty high amount, and with no pics to look at, many people may not be interested. If you have a pic to load(not that difficult), that might garner some interest.
Quote Reply
Re: FT: My Pair of 23 GP4000sii for your 25/26/28c pair of...something similar [BLD 25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for thought, my tires are in good condition for their use but will work on pics tonight.

Juust to clarify, Im not expecting to get someone offering up a new or like new pair, was just thinking there may be someone in my situation with a used but loved pair of 25s or 28s that wanted 23s instead of what they got, and to not spend any money on new tires in the process.

And by something similar, I mean a solid all around tire, not necessarily a race tire. Are 4000Sii's universally regarded as race only tire? I consider them a bit more of a high end all rounder as opposed to race only. FWIW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pics below. They are in good shape. I actually have 2 pairs of these, but I'm only trying to trade the two used as front tires (less worn than rears).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can buy Michelin Lithion 2 clincher tires with tubes from Merlin Cycles for around $40 per pair with free shipping.
Quote Reply
Re: FT: My Pair of 23 GP4000sii for your 25/26/28c pair of...something similar [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sent you a PM earlier yesterday
Quote Reply