Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Identifying Symbols of Hate [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
This terrible pun nearly made me spit out my tea. Well done.

Seems appropriate:

Quote Reply
Re: Identifying Symbols of Hate [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The flag on most military uniforms is worn backwards like that. It symbolizes them always moving forward, hence the flag would be flowing to the back.
Quote Reply
Re: Identifying Symbols of Hate [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Fuck me, that was a coffee spitting event.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Identifying Symbols of Hate [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On the right shoulder. On the left it would be normal.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its usually only worn on one shoulder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Its usually only worn on one shoulder.

I don't know anything.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't that what I said? If on the left it's normal. If on the right it's backwards.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep.. I wasnt disputing what you said.. just pointing out that it is mostly worn on the right shoulder as far as I know. At least all my BDUs in the Army had it on the right shoulder and in reverse. Can be on either shoulder... I just said its mostly worn on one side.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Isn't that what I said? If on the left it's normal. If on the right it's backwards.

You are correct. What orphious said is usually the case - the flag is only worn on the right sleeve. However, there have been rare cases of the flag on the left sleeve and Army regs and Pentagon directives provide for both sleeves.

The U.S. Code does not address the positioning of the flag patch. It is appropriate to wear an American flag patch on the left or right sleeve. When worn on the left sleeve, the union would appear towards the front and the stripes would run horizontally toward the back. When worn on the right sleeve, it is considered proper to reverse the design so that the union is at the observer's right to suggest that the flag is flying in the breeze as the wearer moves forward.

http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/FAQs/Faqs.aspx

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Identifying Symbols of Hate [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm betting that trail has that poster on his bedroom (mother's basement) wall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
trail wrote:
JSA wrote:

If you truly believe the flag cannot be altered in any manner, why do you suppose the military willfully violates "the Flag Code?"

The first 3 I I could see being OK given the design changes don't seem to be intended to promote any particular interest group. They appear to be accommodations to putting patches on uniforms. Which is fine. They're intended to be US flags, and nothing more.

Changing the color of a single stripe is advertising something specific. The US flag shouldn't be altered to advertise something (per the Flag Code). Like advertising a pro-police movement. It's sole purpose is to represent the US.

What's the gold stripe mean on the bottom one?

Edit: Ah, I see what the gold stripe has been used for. It seems to be somewhat controversial, even among veterans. A rep. of the VFW. "This is the first time I have come across any U.S. Flag with anything other than red and white stripes. For that reason, we have no protocols for such a flag and would not consider it a proper burial Flag."

The last one is a green line, not gold. If the "rep of the VFW" is telling the truth, then said "rep" never served and/or has never seen any military personnel since Desert Storm circa 1990, otherwise he/she would have worn, or at least seen, many flags that contain no red, white, or blue, as shown in the pictures I posted.

Where is the citation to the "Flag Code," upon which you keep relying?

Didn't take long to find it with a Google search..... https://video.search.yahoo.com/...11e1&action=view
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply

Prev Next