Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

XX2i, any reviews?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone use or have purchased xx2i glasses? If so, what do you think?
Quote Reply
Re: XX2i, any reviews? [ChrisRuns14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have them and like them but I am far from a sunglasses snob. I don't use them on the tri bike because I like rimless. I have only had them for a few months but the warranty seems like a good deal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a couple of pairs. I got both of them for "free" (just paid $16.99 shipping/handling). For the price paid, they're fairly solid. On par quality wise with some Scattante ones from Performance Bike. When they get scratched or lost, I'm not going to worry about it as if I had paid $200 for some Oakleys. Getting extra lens w/ the initial purchase was cheap and they're easy to swap.

I have the USA1 (I think) and France2. For my face, the frames of on the USA1 get in the way when I look backwards to check traffic and catch sweat. The France2 is much better and get worn a lot more often.

One other complaint is when light is coming through gaps in trees or tall corn (I do live in the middle of Indiana), can cause some annoying flashes on both sets. The polarized lens might be better for this, but I don't have any experience w/ them since I was too cheap to try them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes for $16.99 they will replace any of their glasses that break. Kinda let's me know how much money they have in them. I have had three pairs of the France1 to break in the exact same place. First two pairs purchased in 2012. Thought they had solved the problem so got another pair in 2016 and they broke the same exact place.
Quote Reply
Re: XX2i, any reviews? [triguy1956] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the same deal, free + $16.99 for shipping. Don't remember which model I have but they seem to work fine. Lenses are clear. Use them mostly for running. I find I need to keep them pressed up against my nose or they tend to bounce up and down. May be because they clamp pretty tight on the side of my head. I don't know if they are owned by Rudy Project or not. The paperwork had the Rudy logo on it. Either that or it's the same US distributor as Rudy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair that I have been using since last year and they work well. I use them for all runs and bike rides. I opted to put the polarized lenses in mine though. Cost a few extra bucks but I like it better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair that I like running in but don't like them for cycling. They were fine for the $25 I paid for them (or was it $17? I don't remember). Anyway they are light weight and feel just fine.

At a race I usually ride in different glasses and switch them to the xx2is in T2.

Not sure I would pay more for them than I did, but for that price they are great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have several pairs and always waited to pick them up on one of their 60% off sales. I have two pairs and my wife has a pair. Good product and great value.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a pair. The coatings are not the best optically (undesired glare and reflections in low-angle direct and side light), but they're fine in most lighting conditions and otherwise comfortable and robust.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm on my 3rd pair of France2. The previous 2 pair broke in the exact same place. I'm afraid to even try and change lenses on these since they seem fragile.

I do like them for running and find the polarized lenses to be decent.
Quote Reply