Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Meet Patrick Reger - 21-year old German who was top AG in Chattanooga
Quote | Reply
After I made a sloppy mistake in my interview with Ricky Flynn, here now is the fastest age grouper from 70.3 Worlds in Chattanooga. 21-year old Patrick Reger who managed a 4:07:21 and a 2:15 bike split.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...0.3_Worlds_6575.html
Quote Reply
Re: Meet Patrick Reger - 21-year old German who was top AG in Chattanooga [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting, I sure would like to know what his background was before triathlon, if it was one sport and what he does for a living. Keep these AG profiles coming, glad to see more focus on us!

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Meet Patrick Reger - 21-year old German who was top AG in Chattanooga [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice interview!
Agree with Hadukla, what is his background (would guess biking since he does bike races too), and how life around tri.
Quote Reply
Re: Meet Patrick Reger - 21-year old German who was top AG in Chattanooga [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should 21-year old athletes be considered "Age Groupers"?
Quote Reply
Re: Meet Patrick Reger - 21-year old German who was top AG in Chattanooga [Brushman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No disc, tubular tires, and long cranks. Hard to believe he even finished under the time limit! ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Meet Patrick Reger - 21-year old German who was top AG in Chattanooga [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not know the answer to this, but I do know that he lives in a beautiful (and wonderful place to ride) part of Germany. Not far from the Black Forest, and the Bodensee (Lake Constance).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
320 NP and rides 2:15. Looks like there's some low hanging fruit he can easily fix.

Or he's running a stages or powertap pedals. ;)

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Meet Patrick Reger - 21-year old German who was top AG in Chattanooga [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whats the deal with Power Tap pedals?
Quote Reply
Re: Meet Patrick Reger - 21-year old German who was top AG in Chattanooga [ErickBar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am mostly joking but there have been a few instances of them reading quite high. I believe Jesse Thomas noticed a pretty big discrepancy between the pedals and a PT hub. I thought I remembered seeing somewhere that he actually switched back to the PT hub earlier this year or late last year.

Anyway... it looks like Patrick is running a quarq from the photos (but I can only see the nds).

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Meet Patrick Reger - 21-year old German who was top AG in Chattanooga [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure his crank (non-driveside) says "quarq" similar to one of mine.
Quote Reply
Re: Meet Patrick Reger - 21-year old German who was top AG in Chattanooga [mpquick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is from Rottweil where my dad is from and I still have many aunts and uncles and nephews and nieces. Plus his triathlon team is based in Mengen (Daniel Unger used to be on it) and I grew up 14km from there

mpquick wrote:
I do not know the answer to this, but I do know that he lives in a beautiful (and wonderful place to ride) part of Germany. Not far from the Black Forest, and the Bodensee (Lake Constance).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was a pretty tough bike course ?
Quote Reply
Re: Meet Patrick Reger - 21-year old German who was top AG in Chattanooga [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
No disc, tubular tires, and long cranks. Hard to believe he even finished under the time limit! ;)

You forgot an Ultegra mechanical group!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Meet Patrick Reger - 21-year old German who was top AG in Chattanooga [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:

You forgot an Ultegra mechanical group!!!

Yeah, but he rides a Canyon, so all that fluff doesn't make that much of a difference.
Quote Reply