Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

For "Last Chance U" fans --
Quote | Reply
If you've watched the documentary series on Netflix (2 seasons)....

Two individuals connected with the show were just arrested and charged with criminal homicide, in relation to stabbing death of 18yo victim who seems did not know his attackers.

If true, this is truly shocking and tragic. The two individuals involved both very gifted athletes with all to live for.

Don't want to give it away; If you've watched the show, just google it. Was in the news only 2 days ago.
Quote Reply
Re: For "Last Chance U" fans -- [spookini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw that. Sad.

I'm amazed at the number of football fans I meet that have never heard of the show. It's fantastic.
Quote Reply
Re: For "Last Chance U" fans -- [reefblastbody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I didn't want to give the name in case anybody was still watching mid-season...

Strange tale. As soon as I finished season 2, I googled to see where the players were.
Isiah went to Div2 school (as stated at end of show) for spring practice, but failed to report for the fall semester.
Then it was reported that he'd made his way to Bloomington Indiana, in hopes of trying out/walking on for the Hoosiers.
But Hoosier staff said they had no knowledge of that and had not been contactd by him.

Meanwhile, his brother blew out his ACL but was given medical hardship by IU.
My understanding is that means the university was willing to honor his scholarship even though his athletic career was over.

Then the next headline to pop up is news of their arrest in connection w/ a murder.
Really sad and hard to believe, given the arc of the show --> esp since it seemed his older brother had his sh*t together.
And their ex-con father saying, "I tell them to stay clean -- I've done enough time for the whole family".

In other news, Chauncey Rivers (went to Ole Miss) academically ineligible.
And DJ Law (season 1), supposedly out of school (academics) and return unknown.
Last edited by: spookini: Sep 19, 17 9:47
Quote Reply