Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SD Fish - La Jolla Cove
Quote | Reply
Hello San Diegians,

Business brings me to San Diego next week. I've enjoyed swims at La Jolla Cove and with UCSD Masters during past trips.

Any locals out there with feedback on the Cove? Google tells me there have been some water quality issues. Is swimming in the Cove safe at this time? Any concerns would make my decision easy as UCSD masters is close and a great alternative.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: SD Fish - La Jolla Cove [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out La Jolla Swim clubs Facebook and Tri Club San Diego for swim info- there is currently a water advisory for Children's pool which is next to the cove. Last time the group met up and swam from LA Jolla shores beach. Happy swimming!
Quote Reply
Re: SD Fish - La Jolla Cove [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The water quality depends on your comfort level. Many folks swim at the Cove year round and don't ever check the water quality without issue.

That said, a lot of people are shifting to the La Jolla Shores to start. It's the same swim just in reverse, and there is no 1/4 mile buoy. A swim to the half mile buoy is a good one, or you could go to the 1/4 mile and back, or even the Cove.

It's a little different from the Shores, but still a good one. There is also more parking over at the shores.

TCSD swims there on Friday mornings at 6:30 or sometime around there. Groups leaving every couple of minutes in varying ability levels. There are people swimming at the Cove every day in the morning. Most are very friendly and would welcome you to their groups.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply