Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help with Position..
Quote | Reply
Via the previous thread discussing where I seem to fit between sizes ('Question about Scott Plasma (front page article)'), looking for some verification of my current position. Go nuts, don't be gentle (be gentle...)...

Pic of current bike setup attached, link to video below.

https://vimeo.com/234202486

Specs:
Medium Gen 1 Trek SC9, 100/45 stem.
165mm cranks
Saddle height (BB to top of saddle, measured along seat tube) - 73.5cm
Pad stack (BB to top of pads) - 63.5cm
Pad reach (BB to center of pads) - 46cm
Sitero saddle - 1cm behind BB.
height - 5'10
inseam - about 81.5 cm (depending on how hard I press the level up into my groin.....)

Also - been off running for the better part of a year, diagnosed with CAM & FIA on right hip, atrophied glute and high hamstring tendinopathy on same side.. Scheduled for MRI w/contrast in Aug. 2018 (yes, you read that right, welcome to Canada...).
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Sep 17, 17 11:57
Quote Reply
Re: Help with Position.. [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You look scrunched up. Need to roll your pelvis forward, will help get your head lower. Move bars forward and down, and roll pelvis forward.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As you are positioned now, that probably isn't the ideal helmet. Agree with above, roll your hips forward (maybe different saddle?).
Quote Reply
Re: Help with Position.. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.
I have tried rolling the hips, I find it very difficult to hold them in the rolled position. Not sure if that points to tightness in specific muscles (hip flexors?)..
As for helmet, I'm open to suggestions. The Smith has a short tail. Would I be better off with something that has even less of a tail, given I'm not exactly flat?

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tend to find long helmets better for riders whose heads are high. Snub helmets good when your head is in front of your body. Rather than change the helmet - work on head position
Lower saddle, change saddle to something that doesn't make you rotate backwards to escape pressure on the nose, lower bars, angle extensions up.
Quote Reply
Re: Help with Position.. [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, will give the suggestions a try.
With regards to lowering the bars, one issue I've had with that when I tried in the past, was my neck. With the lower bars, I find it very difficult to look forward.
Quote Reply