Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

women WTS 2017&2018
Quote | Reply
Hi
Just wanted to say FLORA is super!! she's broken the record of points of the WTS in a season (men or women). Congrats to her...she's a beast in the 3 legs now, her running is at top now, good work!!!!
Then Gentle has been getting better race after race. She is a superb runner, hope she can build a better swim to face Flora and Gwen for 2018.
KZ has been consistent this year. She deserved the podium...
Yet we have many many women on the radar for 2018: US Army( Spivey, Kasper, Cook (this girl has to work hard on the bike or will become nobody), Knibb (impressive character and good legs), now Gorman (no training and getting the U23 champs, wow !!!)). Congrats to the US federation...
Then, I dont want to forget the sorts of Beaugrand, Learmonth, Mc Shane, Klamer, Annen( she is a future wts winner). Brittish will be back after absences and injuries: Stanford,Holland,Hall...
and I will not forget vets either:nicola ( she made a top 15 yesterday 4 months after giving birth,impressive), Jenkins and Hewitt
This seems a lot more exciting than the men's field...
But everybody will keep awating Gwen to see how she returns: starving to beat flora or taking it easier...
Wil be an exciting season

Juanillo - "frustriathlete"

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Re: women WTS 2017&2018 [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't want to take anything away from Duffy at all as she won the World title the year before (It being an Olympic year though) with a stacked field.

But this has been a particular weak field she's raced and dominated this year.

Next year if Gwen, Holland, Jenkins, stanford a fit Stimpson and i'm particularly interested to see how Spirig coming back effects Duffy's race, womens becomes as equaly as interesting as the mens race as to be honest its been a bit of a snooze fest this year.
Quote Reply
Re: women WTS 2017&2018 [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I think what I'm curious to see who is "motivated" to do the training + being mom and who finds out they don't like the travel, they don't like being away and suddenly they never make it back to top form that everyone assumed they would find post baby.

I'd also say you better bring your A game because women are racing more and more aggressive each year. Thinking you can squeeze by with good run to make a check....you better bring it when you come back after a 2ish year layoff.

Spirg did great with it, but will it be like that for every girl you mention? Interesting plot to watch.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: women WTS 2017&2018 [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
So I think what I'm curious to see who is "motivated" to do the training + being mom and who finds out they don't like the travel, they don't like being away and suddenly they never make it back to top form that everyone assumed they would find post baby.

I'd also say you better bring your A game because women are racing more and more aggressive each year. Thinking you can squeeze by with good run to make a check....you better bring it when you come back after a 2ish year layoff.

Spirg did great with it, but will it be like that for every girl you mention? Interesting plot to watch.

Good points.
Quote Reply