Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trek road bikes-help with 3 different options.
Quote | Reply
So, domane, emonda aluminum or sl series...

I have an aluminum specialized but am looking to potentially upgrade to a new roadie. Current bike is 10 years old.

I don't know the difference between the doMane or emonda series. Plus, is the aluminum version inferior to the carbon, or are they pretty close? I have a trek speed concept, but not sure I want to stay in tri. Too much to balance with family, work, being good at 3 sports and trying to enjoy other hobbies...golf etc.

Thanks for your input and or experience with said bikes. I do want to ride them, but shop currently does not have what I am looking for in stock right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek road bikes-help with 3 different options. [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emonda is now considered the all-around roadie, with its marketing emphasis on its lightweight status, thus very good for climbing. the new Madone is race-oriented, and the domane, while also a racing roadbike, with big wins on cobbled surfaces in its history, is designed for long-ride comfort, with a more upright position (which can me modified with the H1 fitting). hope that helps. trek website has a pop-up to help you pick, as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek road bikes-help with 3 different options. [docdave1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I did find some good info online after I posted. I know I am not go in with the Madone.

I am just a bit confused on which roadie to go with...i wonder if I will want the domane for softer ride and comfort, or if I should go with emonda.
Quote Reply