Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

X-Lab Delta 425 failure
Quote | Reply
I was on a ride this morning and about an hour into the ride I reach back for my rear bottle, grab the top, and as I think I'm pulling it out of the cage I'm surprised by how heavy it feels. When I look down I realize I got a whole lot more than just my bottle:

Weird thing is I'd already used the bottle a few times earlier in the ride. And I didn't even hear or feel anything snap (I usually have to give the bottle a decent pull when taking it out, but not THAT much of a pull).

Anyone ever have such a significant failure of a rear carrier? I'm hoping Candice will chime in here with her thoughts.

Then I had the fun of riding home like this:

Good thing it's an Aero Pouch, probably saved me about 40s on my way back home.
Quote Reply
Re: X-Lab Delta 425 failure [Northy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I have. My Delta 400 broke once. XLAB uses a stronger metal now that won't break. Call them on Monday and tell them what happened. They replaced mine for free.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: X-Lab Delta 425 failure [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to know - thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: X-Lab Delta 425 failure [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

I paired the pouch with a different system and it also broke after some use.

If you would have read the directions, you would have known it can only be used with XLAB Delta mounts. You did read the instructions right?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Sep 16, 17 20:22
Quote Reply
Re: X-Lab Delta 425 failure [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

I paired the pouch with a different system and it also broke after some use.

If you would have read the directions, you would have known it can only be used with XLAB Delta mounts. You did read the instructions right?

The XLAB Delta mount put the bottle too far away from even my own big arse. I wanted it tighter so I ignored the instructions.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: X-Lab Delta 425 failure [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And you wonder why it broke...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Northy,

Shoot me an email and we can get you sorted. If at all possible, would like to get the broken arms back so we can analyze the material and the crack.

As BryanD confirmed, first batch, of both Delta 400 & 425 models, were alloy. From late 2015/early 2016 we switched to stainless steel arms.

Your Aero Pouch looks nice and new :) Appreciate the support and will get you back out riding with your rear carrier in no time!

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: X-Lab Delta 425 failure [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Candice - XLAB wrote:
Hi Northy,

Shoot me an email and we can get you sorted. If at all possible, would like to get the broken arms back so we can analyze the material and the crack.

As BryanD confirmed, first batch, of both Delta 400 & 425 models, were alloy. From late 2015/early 2016 we switched to stainless steel arms.

Your Aero Pouch looks nice and new :) Appreciate the support and will get you back out riding with your rear carrier in no time!

Top shelf!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the bracket fail during my Ironman Taiwan race; granted Xlab was very good and replaced both the bracket and the pouch without any question.

I had thought it was just a freak stress on mine; but yours is the second case I know of.

PS> My bracket failed closer to the seat fasteners
Quote Reply
Re: X-Lab Delta 425 failure [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great! And yes, the Aero Pouch is relatively new and has been working out great. I'm just happy the 425 snapped when I was grabbing it during a training ride. I raced 70.3 the weekend before and it would've been much worse if it had snapped off by itself during the race and I lost both nutrition and a flat kit!

I'll follow up by email and I have all the pieces to send to you.
Quote Reply
Re: X-Lab Delta 425 failure [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is why all of my "carrying" stuff is xlab, your customer service is top notch.

Pwraddr wrote:
Candice - XLAB wrote:
Hi Northy,

Top shelf!
Quote Reply