Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: They Have the #1 Mainstream Rock Song, and They're From Frankenmuth, MI [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I've only listened to the one song you posted. In that song it's a blatant ripoff. Maybe in others it isn't.

That explains the real Led Zeppelin influence -- ripping of other musicians.
Quote Reply
Re: They Have the #1 Mainstream Rock Song, and They're From Frankenmuth, MI [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really digging their Sam Cooke cover. That boy's vocals are really impressive.

I have to say, I like their songs better than at least 30% of Zep's catalog. Safari Song has some serious groove to it.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: They Have the #1 Mainstream Rock Song, and They're From Frankenmuth, MI [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
BLeP wrote:
I've only listened to the one song you posted. In that song it's a blatant ripoff. Maybe in others it isn't.

That explains the real Led Zeppelin influence -- ripping of other musicians.

That's what music is: influences and "borrowing" from those who came before. Jimmy Page lifted a lot from the Delta blues, Muddy Waters, Son House, Robert Johnson, John Lee Hooker, Chuck Berry (he admits that) and so forth. So did Keith Richards and many others. Nothing wrong with that. They took it and made it their own. Listen to Bruce Springsteen's intro on "Badlands" and you can tell he "borrowed" ideas from The Animals' "Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood." He proudly admits it and says that it's how you successfully "lift" an idea from another artist.

There's nothing new under the sun when it comes to this stuff. It's just an "evolution" on what came prior.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply

Prev Next