Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Visiting-% of IMTX run course runable on weekdays?
Quote | Reply
Visiting HOUSTON from Chicago... just wondering if a 45min drive is worth it to the Woodlands, how much of the run loop is runable (traffic, trails) this week?

Thank you
Dan

-
"It's nice to be great, but far greater to be nice"
Last edited by: yoe400800: Sep 15, 17 10:24
Quote Reply
Re: Visiting-% of IMTX run course runable on weekdays? [yoe400800] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I live in Houston but not near the race course. Having completed the race twice I feel that it is runnable. Some sections have a nice trail. Beware of vehicles exiting business's driveways. Also, the pedestrian path looks like it could be crowded. If you run the race course start early.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Visiting-% of IMTX run course runable on weekdays? [yoe400800] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In my opinion there is nothing about the IMTX run course that would make it worth a 45 minute drive for the sole purpose of running it. It's flat, around a mall, on sidewalks and a couple of paved trails. Really nothing to think about.
Quote Reply
Re: Visiting-% of IMTX run course runable on weekdays? [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you

-
"It's nice to be great, but far greater to be nice"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yoe400800 wrote:
Visiting HOUSTON from Chicago... just wondering if a 45min drive is worth it to the Woodlands, how much of the run loop is runable (traffic, trails) this week?

Thank you
Dan

100% runable. It's scenic but flat.

Badig| Strava

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Completely runnable but nothing special. I live about a block from the course and run various parts of it 6 days a week but usually just to get to somewhere else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did imtx this year, I'm from Vancouver.

Don't feel I would have gained anything from running or seeing the run course beforehand... race was a great experience tho.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see absolutely no value in the 90 minute round trip (if you're lucky) to run the IMTX course. There's nothing special about it and some of the course would be confusing to figure out on a non-race day.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm assuming you're more towards the middle of town? You're better off heading to memorial park and doing some 3 mile loops on the running track. There are water fountains along the way but I usually park along the track and pack a cooler of drinks and stuff and leave it on the hood.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply