Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin 910, 925, 935 - Which do you prefer? [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
Do you have a link where I can buy all these devices?
Go to http://www.dcrainmaker.com
He has reviews with everything you need to know about each one including a comparison tool. He has links to Amazon and Clever Training for all items.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amazon
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910, 925, 935 - Which do you prefer? [Runner Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runner Rick wrote:
The jury is still out on whether the altimeter will last on the 935. The 920 was notorious for it's altimeter to stop working.

Whelp. Elevation just crapped out on my 935. I've had it since July (5 months). Since it's still under warranty they are sending me a new one, and then I'll send back this one.

The tech support guy asked me if I swim in a pool with it. Yikes. I was hoping a multisport watch with "Pool Swim" mode could handle that. I guess they've been having issues. After the elevation pain that was the 920, I was hoping the 935 would be better.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
Do you have a link where I can buy all these devices?

Here's a link to Amazon for just the Garmin 935 watch. It's currently $474. There are other bundles from Amazon that include the heart rate monitor strap and additional chargers. The link compares to similar GPS watches and contains a lot of information about what's included with the watch along with reviews from people that have it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGD6CS4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A20V3TQQO5K574&psc=1

If there were more hours in the day then I would be cycling more!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910, 925, 935 - Which do you prefer? [thunderdouble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thunder,

I have used all 3. To me, I would give the 910 a 5, the 920 a 8 and the 935 a 9.

910 - it works. It does what you need in that it records swim, bikes and runs. It is big, the buttons are hard to press, it has a small screen, etc. but it works.

920 - better screen, easier buttons, a bit smaller, good battery, connects with your phone, the downside that is unique to me is that I put my mount just behind where I fill my BTA hydration and since the buttons were on the top and bottom of the 920, they would often get pressed accidentally during races and when you in multisport, that completely screws everything up.

935 - great batter, great screen, much smaller, all the benefits of the 920 plus integration with SRAM etap among other things. I wouldn't say there is anything earth shatteringly better about it than the 920, but it is better. The optical HR is a mehh for me as it is not, nor is any optical HR super reliable. Oh one other thing I like is that you can make it so that on swims, including in multisport, you can lock the buttons so you have to press them twice to advance to T1. I have had people bump me on swims when using a 920 and it goes to T1 some portion of the way through my swim. One other thing is that the 935 will continue to be updated for awhile by Garmin. The 910 and 920 only for bug fixes.

2018 Races: IM Santa Rosa, Vineman Monte Rio, Lake Tahoe 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910, 925, 935 - Which do you prefer? [MacCTD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MacCTD wrote:
Mike Alexander wrote:
935 without a doubt...I have had all three. I wear it 24/7

Same here.

+4 (or 5 by now).

I've had the 310, 910, 920, and 735, and now the 935, and the 935 is the only one I would wear to the office.

I wear it most of the day, and leave my fancy dress watches at home. The battery life is very good, going to ~40-50% after a week of 24h wear, and daily off season workouts (although cycling in the basement does not use GPS).

Cheers,
Sam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I currently have the Fenix 3 HR, Garmin 920 and Garmin 935.... my original plan was to use the Fenix 3 as a daily watch and 920 for racing... then the 935 came along and I haven't taken it off since the day I bought it! I use it for everything and will never look at the Fenix 3 or 920 again!!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910, 925, 935 - Which do you prefer? [Runner Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

The tech support guy asked me if I swim in a pool with it. Yikes. I was hoping a multisport watch with "Pool Swim" mode could handle that. I guess they've been having issues. After the elevation pain that was the 920, I was hoping the 935 would be better.[/quote]
Already sent back a 935 due to elevation not working, that was after 6 months. I did swim a lot with it, I'm not going to do a back door brag so I can feel good about myself but I think swimming ruins the barometer on any watch that has a hole for the barometer. I had the same problem all the way down to the 910. I use my old 920 for swimming now, the barometer is already bad on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910, 925, 935 - Which do you prefer? [triathlete37] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triathlete37 wrote:

The tech support guy asked me if I swim in a pool with it. Yikes. I was hoping a multisport watch with "Pool Swim" mode could handle that. I guess they've been having issues. After the elevation pain that was the 920, I was hoping the 935 would be better.

Already sent back a 935 due to elevation not working, that was after 6 months. I did swim a lot with it, I'm not going to do a back door brag so I can feel good about myself but I think swimming ruins the barometer on any watch that has a hole for the barometer. I had the same problem all the way down to the 910. I use my old 920 for swimming now, the barometer is already bad on it.[/quote]
After going through 6 910's and 2 920's I realized the only difference between my watch and all of my buddies who had it was I swim with it a lot and they never swim. For a while after getting this replacement I did not swim with it and it was fine, then I got annoyed that I could not use my Multisport watch for all 3 sports which seems dumb as hell. So I put a small square of waterproof tape over the barometer hole on the face of the watch (tape you would use to wrap an injury etc). I found that this did not change any of the elevation readings I get from Running or cycling and has been about 8 months now of swimming 4 days a week with no issues...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 910 that I bought back in 2012 that still works like a champ. I assume the newer models are better and I'll probably get one when my 910 craps out, but it hasn't had any problems yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910, 925, 935 - Which do you prefer? [Exige] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triathlete37 wrote:
I use my old 920 for swimming now, the barometer is already bad on it.

Interesting. I may do that. Then the only swims my 935 would see would be in a race.

Exige wrote:
So I put a small square of waterproof tape over the barometer hole on the face of the watch (tape you would use to wrap an injury etc). I found that this did not change any of the elevation readings I get from Running or cycling and has been about 8 months now of swimming 4 days a week with no issues...
When I sent back my 920 last year, the guy at tech support suggested I put tape over the hole when I went open water swimming. He didn't mention the pool like the 935 tech support guy did.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply

Prev Next