Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

735xt on Bike
Quote | Reply
Do any 735xt owners use the watch as a bike computer, by mounting it on the bike? It seems like a lot of folks run the 735xt in conjunction with a 520 Edge? I was hoping to get away with a single device being the 735xt. I thought about using the Garmin Bike Mount, but was wondering what most people that own the 735xt use for a bike computer, since there is no quick release.
Last edited by: mwanner1: Sep 14, 17 7:15
Quote Reply
Re: 735xt on Bike [mwanner1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use my 735xt on my bike rides but keep it on my wrist. It does a good job with HR, GPS and cadence (paired with Wahoo Bluetooth cadence sensor). It has some difficulty picking up my power meter occasionally but seems to work well if I give it a few seconds to connect at the beginning of a ride.
I find this setup to work well on a road bike but it is quite challenging on a TT bike because of wrist position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I upgraded from a 910. I now use my old 910 as a bike computer, just keep the 735 on my wrist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Similar to the post above, I upgraded from a 310xt that I had the quick release kit for, so now I use the 310xt as a head unit on the bike. I sometimes use them at the same time, keeping data fields up on the 310xt and navigation on my wrist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm one of the 735xt users who also uses a dedicated bike computer. It's so good having these functions on 2 different devices.

If you really really want to use your 735xt on the bike, you can use the standard Garmin mount where the watch wraps around it and buckles.

Quote Reply
Re: 735xt on Bike [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to order the mount and see if it fits my profile design aero hc system. Plan to get the 735 if it works. Thanks for posting a pic.

nickwhite wrote:
I'm one of the 735xt users who also uses a dedicated bike computer. It's so good having these functions on 2 different devices.

If you really really want to use your 735xt on the bike, you can use the standard Garmin mount where the watch wraps around it and buckles.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use my watch on my wrist and turn it so it is visible when down on the bars. One less thing for me to screw up and one less thing to steal.
Quote Reply