Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chatbot Lets You Sue Equifax for Up to $25,000 Without a Lawyer
Quote | Reply
Equifax has only begun to experience the world of hurt heading its way over the breach that allowed personal information, including Social Security numbers, on 143 million Americans to make it into the wild.

Now comes a manifestation of the digital era in which we live, and the credit reporting bureau isn't going to like it:

"Even if you want to be part of the class action lawsuit against Equifax, you can still sue Equifax for negligence in small claims court using the DoNotPay bot and demand maximum damages. Maximum damages range between $2,500 in states like Rhode Island and Kentucky to $25,000 in Tennessee.

The bot, which launched in all 50 states in July, is mainly known for helping with parking tickets. But with this new update, its creator, Joshua Browder, who was one of the 143 million affected by the breach, is tackling a much bigger target, with larger aspirations to match. He says, “I hope that my product will replace lawyers, and, with enough success, bankrupt Equifax.”"

Of course, it's more time-consuming and difficult to successfully press your case (in small claims court) than just making use of an app or the like. But I'm sure there are millions of people potentially affected by the Equifax data breach who are just salivating at the thought of trying. ;-)

Chatbot lets you sue Equifax for up to $25,000 without a lawyer - The Verge

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Chatbot Lets You Sue Equifax for Up to $25,000 Without a Lawyer [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This guy better watch out for Karma
Quote Reply
Re: Chatbot Lets You Sue Equifax for Up to $25,000 Without a Lawyer [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
He says, “I hope that my product will replace lawyers, and, with enough success, bankrupt Equifax.”"

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply