Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Noise while sleeping. Options? Ear Plugs recommendations [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have chronic tinnitus. I listened to way too much loud music in my youth.
My house is quiet right now and the ringing is so loud.
One thing I hate about having to wear ear plugs to sleep is the tinnitus sounds worse.

The medical scientist who can cure tinnitus is going to make billions.
Quote Reply
Re: Noise while sleeping. Options? Ear Plugs recommendations [pabloarc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Light sleeper here. Ive tried earplugs and other than being uncomfortable when laying on them I swear they make me considerably more hot at night.
White noise I can deal with as long as its constant so I now sleep with a dyson fan even in the winter just for the noise.
Quote Reply
Re: Noise while sleeping. Options? Ear Plugs recommendations [scuttlebutte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scuttlebutte wrote:
In case it helps anyone, this website sells earplug variety packs, which is nice if you want to try out different ones: https://www.earplugstore.com/unfoamtrialp.html. I prefer the E-A-R push-ins, since they don't generate occlusion effect/internal biological noises: https://www.earplugstore.com/purefoearpln.html. I cut part of the ends off so I don't have to push them in as far and so they don't stick out while I sleep.

This is definitely one of the stranger things for a spammer to join ST and post some links on an old thread about.
Quote Reply
Re: Noise while sleeping. Options? Ear Plugs recommendations [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not a spammer, I'm a communist.
Quote Reply
Re: Noise while sleeping. Options? Ear Plugs recommendations [pabloarc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just drink until I pass out. Works a charm.
Quote Reply
Re: Noise while sleeping. Options? Ear Plugs recommendations [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
I listened to way too much loud music in my youth.

Yep! Kids today - I think - are being smarter about playing with powerful amps & huge speakers*

NordicSkier wrote:
The medical scientist who can cure tinnitus is going to make billions.

I've heard** good things about CBD, but haven't tried it out yet

https://www.healthyhearing.com/...n-cbd-treat-tinnitus

https://www.forbes.com/...out-it/#1bac85074bd9

* Maybe because they do everything on their laptops now and don't need to blow the doors off the garage anymore
** Pun intended

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Noise while sleeping. Options? Ear Plugs recommendations [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope people don't mind me adding to this old thread but I am kind of desperate when it comes to sleeping right now. Lockdown has not helped me with getting a decent night's kip!

Does anybody here successfully where earplugs at night for sleeping? I've tried a couple of pairs of foam ones and they always fall out within hours and I spend the next morning hunting around in my bed trying to find them!

I was thinking of order a earplug sample bag I would like to find the right earplugs without spending a fortune on rubbish ones. Has anybody tried any of the earplugs in these packs? Surely I can't be the only one that has this problem. It's driving me nuts - I feel knackered everyday because I can't sleep through. Any advice would be appreciated!

Sleepless Barry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ambience app on Android, played via bluetooth through Oontz Pro speaker in our bedroom. Plus these ear plugs for my wife.

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
πŸ“± Check out our app β†’ Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube β†’ Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: Noise while sleeping. Options? Ear Plugs recommendations [barryrice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See above comment. I accidentally replied to OP. Pay for the custom Ambience app. It's a one-time payment and cheap. We make our app noise loud. Overrides any noise around us.

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
πŸ“± Check out our app β†’ Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube β†’ Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: Noise while sleeping. Options? Ear Plugs recommendations [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks - I will take a look!
Quote Reply
Re: Noise while sleeping. Options? Ear Plugs recommendations [barryrice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a device much like DrAlexHarrison mentioned

Much like this one:
https://www.amazon.com/...to-Off/dp/B00A2JBMRE

I've a very light sleeper and just about any noise will wake me up, those sounds drown out other sounds.
Quote Reply
Re: Noise while sleeping. Options? Ear Plugs recommendations [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great - will have a look at that too! :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I’m in a noisy place I will use earplugs combined with a blackout mask and noise cancelling headphones. It works BUT I will wake myself up if I roll over because of all the gadgets over my eyes and ears.

The blackout mask makes a huge difference - it’s not a noise blocker but it really shifts me into sleep mode.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They cost (a lot) more than earplugs, but a lot of folks swear by Bose Sleepbuds.

I have a pair and like them with some caveats, as I'm strictly a side sleeper. Bose claims that they're comfortable enough for side sleepers, and that's true in my case. But whichever side I'm sleeping on causes the bud to shift around a bit, and that is too distracting to me. My compromise is to only sleep with one bud at a time β€” whichever side is "up". Bose doesn't recommend doing that because having one ear "un-budded" compromises the sound masking properties. It does, but that ear is also pressed against the pillow so there's some sealing from that pressure. Cranking the volume up in the other ear helps as well. The other inconvenience is when I switch sides, I have to remove one bud and insert another, but that's turned out not to be a big deal.

Bottom line: if my wife is lightly snoring, the one bud approach works fine. If she's really going at it, though, it's the couch.
Last edited by: sathomasga: Mar 19, 21 18:22
Quote Reply
Re: Noise while sleeping. Options? Ear Plugs recommendations [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
pabloarc wrote:
Having trouble to sleep due to noise.

Appreciate any options/recommendations.

Are ear plugs a good option? Is there any risk to ear health by always sleeping with them? Which ear plug have worked the best for you?

Other options?

I sleep with a fan on for white noise, and have had GFs that have had the white noise maker listed in here. For me I also use ear plugs from time-to-time and have tried various ones. The best cheap, disposable ones for me and my ears and blocking noise and staying in while sleeping are the following design. The more half cyclinder ones will often fall out in the night and I don't think they block as much sound either.

Another vote for the LaserLite ear plugs

I also use an Amazon Echo with Sleep Sounds: Rainforest Sounds
Quote Reply

Prev Next