Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Travel Cases/Bags - Time For New
Quote | Reply
It's about time for some new bike travel cases/bags. We've had soft bags for a long time, but there are some inconveniences with them, that we've grown a bit tired with. Overall - never any real problems and we fly with the bikes 2 - 3 times a year.

Possibly time to change it up and go with something new.

Looking for reccos and experiences good and bad with what you have.

Thanks.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Travel Cases/Bags - Time For New [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the SciCon Aerocomfort Tri (I think 2). It's great not having to disassemble and reassemble my bike when I travel with it, and I can get my bike up and running within five minutes whereas my friends can take upwards of 20. The disadvantages of it are that it's a soft bag so you're constantly worrying about it, but I have pipe lagging cut to fit the tubes on my bike which removes a lot of the stress. Another option that quite a few of my mates would recommend is Bike Box Alan. Not sure how shipping would be to the Americas but it's about as bulletproof as you can get while still having it be easily portable. The downside to this is that it's kinda expensive and also means you have to disassemble your bike quite a bit more than other bags and boxes.

Disclaimer: Not a triathlete anymore, just a fish
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Travel Cases/Bags - Time For New [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 for Bike Box Alan - https://bikeboxalan.com/

I've got one and it's been great. First time I used it took a little bit of figuring out the best layout to get everything in, but I've now got it down to a fine art and can get the bike packed in 15 minutes or less. A lot more peace of mind than I used to have using a soft bag that my bike will arrive undamaged. All that can go wrong now is the airline losing the box altogether! I've only had it for 6 months and 4 trips, but it comes with a 7 year warranty and all of the bike box hire companies in the UK use these, so that speaks pretty well to their longevity. Was out in the Alps a couple of months ago around the time of the Marmotte event and there were a lot of cyclists in Geneva airport - more than half of the bike boxes I saw were Bike Box Alans.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Travel Cases/Bags - Time For New [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, Bikeboxalan. Just works.
Quote Reply