Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thoughts on hydration --- looking for something reasonably aero
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to sort a reasonable hydration setup.

My bike is a converted roadie (cannondale fat-tube)...here
Extensions are 74mm apart.
Stem is reasonably long at 130mm.

I'm not looking for "best in class" or anything. Just something that isn't "stoopid".

I have need for two computer mounts, one for my powertap LYC, and one for my 920xt. But, I'm considering just wearing my 920 on my inner wrist. Need to try that.

I looked at several of the aerobottle setups like the aerodrink, and the torhans 30. But, the info I found through searches on here suggested that those work best when the bottle can be mounted close to the head tube. Pics I found showed what looked like 1-2cm of space between the trailing edge and the head tube. Since my stem is 130mm, that doesn't seem likely.

I've also looked at most of the BTA setups, PD aero HC, torpedo, aero Z. My arms sit low relative to the extensions, so the BTA setup will likely sit "above" my arms, and not be entirely hidden. Further, no one has ever accused me of having large forearms either---I'm a skinny dude, with very aero arms (:-).

My events are both Oly distance. So, I really only want one bottle---I may not NEED it, but I'd prefer to have a little fluids available. I'm new to aerobar riding and don't want to deal with learning to reach a BTS...especially for a single bottle over 40k.

I know, I'm asking for an educated guess on something that has been stated over and over to be rider/setup specific....go test. I'm just hoping someone has a more educated guess than me (since I only know enough about aero to know I'm not educated).

Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Thoughts on hydration --- looking for something reasonably aero [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've always appreciated the speedfil z4 cage, with a standard bottle or with their A2 cap/straw.
The Z4 cage has a variety of spots meant to be used with zip ties.
I saw a pic once of Heather Jackson with the Z4/A2 setup with the bta bottle mounted just below the aerobars, if you're looking for something a little different.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply