Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Correlation between global warming and extreme rainstorms [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The reality is that much of the data is so hosed up that no one can really say whether or not there has been global warming at all.
Unsubstantiated assertion.

Very good point-by-point refutation of talking points. Kudos.
Quote Reply
Re: Correlation between global warming and extreme rainstorms [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think most people agree that using individual weather events to argue for or against global warming is asinine. So I agree with you there. Equally your small data set of Cat 3+ hurricanes hitting the Texas coast and looking at the Gulf water temperature is also pretty meaningless. But as Halvard said earlier, if you have some data worth publishing that refutes global warming and its effects, go ahead and publish it in a well respected academic journal.

By the way, why did you say Stevie Wonder was making it political? He just made a dumb statement. I didn't see anything political there. Or is this a case of you thinking that anyone who mocks a global warming denier is mocking a Republican or Trump? He probably was having a dig at Trump, but you see my point (hopefully)?
Quote Reply
Re: Correlation between global warming and extreme rainstorms [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread comes out as two big hurricanes hit us. The debate is about correlation. A few minutes of google search refutes this. I am not refuting climate change just the media blaming everything that is bad weather related to being man made.

As for Stevie remark it was a few mins. into the show and he had to pick a side and attack- calling people "unintelligent". That to me is like the headline for what the tone of the show is going to be. It was a telethon for hurricane relief for us all to come together, not a moment to push a belief by insulting others.
Quote Reply
Re: Correlation between global warming and extreme rainstorms [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
This thread comes out as two big hurricanes hit us. The debate is about correlation. A few minutes of google search refutes this. I am not refuting climate change just the media blaming everything that is bad weather related to being man made.

As for Stevie remark it was a few mins. into the show and he had to pick a side and attack- calling people "unintelligent". That to me is like the headline for what the tone of the show is going to be. It was a telethon for hurricane relief for us all to come together, not a moment to push a belief by insulting others.

You do realize that the original article was talking about extreme rainstorms, which include more than just hurricanes?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply

Prev Next