Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Suggestions on bike fit changes
Quote | Reply
Looking to update my bike fit and wanted to open it up for suggestions here.

I'd like to get more aggressive and I race 70.3s mostly as my A races.

Included a picture, the best I could find of a sideways profile. My Shiv is a large (56cm). I'm just shy of 6' (182cm) with a 32in inseam.

My pad x/y is 457/685. The tip of my saddle (cobb plus 2) is 2.8cm setback from crank center and 9.6cm above the top of my pads.

I can comfortably ride this for 7/8 hours on training rides.

The questions I have are, should I raise the saddle any more on top of dropping the pads? I'd probably need to move the pads forward as I drop them, right? How much?

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Last edited by: palmdoggSAE: Sep 12, 17 6:36
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions on bike fit changes [palmdoggSAE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's always hard to know about these things, but there are some general rules.

your cobb is not like other saddles. it's the opposite of an ISM. it's actually a tad more forward than traditional saddles to get your hips in the right spot. so i'd move it from 3cm behind to even with the BB, or even 1cm in front.

i'd push your pads forward to compensate. so, from between 490mm and 500mm.

then i'd see how much you can comfortably drop your bars. a reasonable rule of thumb is half the distance you move forward. so, 2cm? that should preserve your hip angle.

and then see if you can still ride your comfortable long rides comfortably.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions on bike fit changes [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dan. I did notice finding myself on the tip of the saddle occasionally in races so moving it forward makes sense. That also will put me closer to the 500/650 x/y range which is much better on your chart than I was before. I'll work on making those changes this fall and see how the winter months go.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions on bike fit changes [palmdoggSAE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stationary riding is a good place to test all of this out.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply