Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: sphere home makeover, kitchen edition [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Will have this house just about perfect... Just in time to sell it.

HA! Yeah, that's our history thus far. It's the ongoing joke, just one room makeover away from listing.

This renovation commits us for at least two years. Our oldest goes to the elementary school 20 feet away from our property line, and his little brother will join him there next year. I'm ready to upsize (slightly), but this just bought us time to enjoy the convenience of our neighborhood and location. With two working parents and no family in the area, having the school next door and neighbors to help out is indispensable.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: sphere home makeover, kitchen edition [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you have to buy new cabinets or did they reuse existing, what part of the country are you in. What appliances did you go with, I am leaning towards the GE Cafe series for everything.
I am in the middle of a 12 week kitchen remodel where everything was gutted, basically made 3 rooms into 1 large room, extensive structural, plumbing and electric work, plus all new HW flooring. Impressed by the low cost of yours noted in your subsequent post.
Quote Reply
Re: sphere home makeover, kitchen edition [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Gutting our kitchen and taking down a wall to extend into another room is toward the top of our project list. I can't wait to get rid of electric range. Do you like electric or too much to add gas ? I can't make the transition to cooking with electric, always have had a gas range. Getting better with it but don't really like it.

Get an induction, best of both worlds. Easy to wipe clean like an electric but as powerful and instantly responsive as gas, if not more so. I'd always had gas before, I would now never go back to gas.
Quote Reply
Re: sphere home makeover, kitchen edition [MacCTD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MacCTD wrote:
extensive structural, plumbing and electric work, plus all new HW flooring.

Quote:
Impressed by the low cost of yours noted in your subsequent post.

Impressive because he didn't do extensive structural, plumbing, or electrical work. :) Looks like even the floors were salvaged, maybe refinished.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply

Prev Next