Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB: 11 spd disc clincher
Quote | Reply
Hello all,

I'd like to purchase an 11 speed clincher disc wheel to replace a 10 year old Renn disc that I had retrofitted to my current bike. I've been relatively pleased with their wheel and could buy a new 555 of theirs for $800. If you're looking to sell a fairly unscathed disc for cheaper than that, either PM me or respond to this post.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 11 spd disc clincher [pvolb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I have a 2016 Hed Jet Plus Disk. It's the wider rim one. 11 Speed Shimano clincher. It has lots of superficial scratches on the aluminum rim (from mounting tires) and a superficial circular scratch (presumably from the previous owner's derailleur). You can see all of that in the photos:

http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/jkheycke/library/

The dings are pretty shallow so they're real hard to see in photographs. The tech people at Hed have assured me they do not affect performance. The wheel comes with Vittoria Corsa Speed tire and latex tube.

Because of the cosmetic defects, I am only asking $500 + shipping.

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Last edited by: jens: Sep 11, 17 16:50
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 11 spd disc clincher [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 11 spd disc clincher [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jens,

When you say it's the wider rim one, I assume that just means it is the 25mm rim? I'm just putting it on a 2014 P3, so I assume there will be no issues with fit.

Also, where are you going to ship from? I'm in the US (Tennessee). I'm definitely interested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

It is the 25 mm one. I got the Powertap version of the same wheel and am using it on an older P3 (2008) and it fits fine. I ship from Oregon. I just sent someone in Texas a wheel and it cost about $50. That seems like a lot, but I haven't been able to find a better price from UPS, USPS, or Fedex ground.

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Purchased and Received. Thanks Jens and for all other messages/PM's.
Quote Reply