Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saddle help
Quote | Reply
Hello all,

I have a Prologo Zero Tri PAS T2.0 and have now realized that it really hurts my genitals for anything longer than 1h in aero position. I did a couple HIMs with it on hilly courses so I was in and out of aero and felt fine, but doing some TT efforts on it this week I can't stand the pain.

Don't think fitting is the problem, since I have recently reviewed my fit with a guy I really trust.

Will probably have to buy a new saddle - thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle help [vittorio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Time to try the split-nose saddles - Cobb, ISM/Adamo, etc.
Last edited by: Brushman: Sep 11, 17 12:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the guy who did your fit didn't consider saddle comfort, he sucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately I can't suggest anything, as I am having the same issue with my ISM Attack. I'm just here to read all the suggestions and to see if I can find something that suits me.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle help [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:

He did, and I actually felt fine during the fitting sessions.
Thing is I didn't stay in aero, pedalling, for more than 1h during said sessions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vittorio wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:

Thing is I didn't stay in aero, pedalling, for more than 1h during said sessions.

Are your 1+ hour TT session on a trainer or outside?

Being in the "static" TT/aero position indoors - on trainer - can exacerbate saddle discomfort. When outside, we tend to move around more, stand up, shift weight which makes saddle position more tolerable (less pain or discomfort, etc.).
Last edited by: Brushman: Sep 11, 17 12:26
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle help [Brushman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brushman wrote:
vittorio wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:

Are your 1+ hour TT session on a trainer or outside?

Being in the "static" TT/aero position indoors - on trainer - can exacerbate saddle discomfort. When outside, we tend to move around more, stand up, shift weight which makes saddle position more tolerable (less pain or discomfort, etc.).

Good point. I ride on the trainer 90% of the time and it really exacerbates the problem. At least for me, aero on the trainer "feels" a lot different than aero outside.
That said, I still feel the pain for anything longer than 1h on the road. I raced an Oly last month and held aero, but the pain was bad near the end of the bike leg.
The thought of doing a HIM without breaking aero, for example, is unreal with this saddle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Again, I would consider trying the various split-nose saddles. They take some getting-use-to, but relieving pressure from the pudendal nerve area (taint) can be quite liberating.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brushman wrote:
Again, I would consider trying the various split-nose saddles. They take some getting-use-to, but relieving pressure from the pudendal nerve area (taint) can be quite liberating.

Thanks a lot.

Any info on the Adamo Prologue? I can get one for a good price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ST discussion - HERE.

Do your research and try as many as possible....and don't let price be the main consideration. Also, be mindful of the saddle covering (natural leather, synthetic, etc.) as this can affect the ease of movement with cycling shorts. Some synthetics can have more friction compared to natural leather.

Also, the main split-nose companies have a "try before you buy" or easy return policies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One other thing to consider would be to ask your local bike shops if they do any sort of saddle trial program.

I'm currently doing a program with a shop near me where I paid $100, I can take home one saddle at a time to test, then return a try a new one. When I pick a saddle I'll get to put the $60 of the $100 toward the price of the new saddle.

Do make sure you take a look at the saddle selection the shop has (or is willing to order) before you commit to the program, though.

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle help [Scurracane] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to all!

Gonna give the Adamo Prologue a try. The ST thread Brushman pointed me to was a good read.
Quote Reply