Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

T-6 days to A-race: TR.com has a busy week planned!?
Quote | Reply
I was surprised to check what TrainerRoad had in store for me this week, as it was week 8 of the "Specialized Olympic Distance medium volume" plan and my race is on Sunday. It looks like a pretty full-on week, albeit not at high intensity. Is this normal? What does your week look like while zeroing in on the big day? I had a couple of yoga sessions and light jog/swim sessions planned around my flights and team commitments pre-race, but nothing like this. Do I need to be up at this level?

Here's the TR plan:

Quote Reply
Re: T-6 days to A-race: TR.com has a busy week planned!? [RonanIRL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
It looks like a pretty full-on week

Seriously?

By my rough calcs that looks like about 5 hours of work maybe 30-45 mins at a higher than easy intensity.
Quote Reply
Re: T-6 days to A-race: TR.com has a busy week planned!? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes you're probably right "full-on" was the wrong way to describe it. It's more "active" than I've done before other A-races. I'll give it a shot anyway and see how I feel.
Quote Reply
Re: T-6 days to A-race: TR.com has a busy week planned!? [RonanIRL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
It's more "active" than I've done before other A-races.

How have you felt for those prior races?

I've tried many different taper methods from (1) sit-on-my-ass, (2) keep volume high but intensity very low, (3) moderate volume with very high intensity, and (4) low volume with very high intensity. For me I tend to feel best with option #3 skewing towards the higher end of moderate volume. The others tend to leave me feeling a bit flat on race day.
Quote Reply