Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tubes with 100mm valves?
Quote | Reply
Subject says it all. I've seen a few threads on this from several years back, and at that time, there weren't any. Why wouldn't these exist? I realize that all of you do great with valve extenders, but I want a 100mm tube. One less thing to worry about and one less thing to go wrong...
Quote Reply
Re: Tubes with 100mm valves? [automorphic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't exist, sorry.

Use some Teflon tape and fahgeddaboutit.
Quote Reply
Re: Tubes with 100mm valves? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Doesn't exist, sorry.

Yes they do! And they are awesome, i was fearing the whole extender teflon tape thing. But now i just roll with 100mm in my 90mm wheels and it works brilliantly (cant talk for all 90mm ofcourse), but on mine atleast there is plenty of space to attach the pump.

CHAOYANG is the name of the manufacturer. I can find them on several danish webshops, so i'm sure they are available for US/EU as well.
http://www.chaoyangtire.com/index.php/pro/pro-details/11/266?type=TUBE&name=SUPERLITE

When i bought them in bulk i got themo only about 1 dollar more expensive than normal 48/60mm tubes.
Quote Reply
Re: Tubes with 100mm valves? [automorphic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
automorphic wrote:
Subject says it all. I've seen a few threads on this from several years back, and at that time, there weren't any. Why wouldn't these exist? I realize that all of you do great with valve extenders, but I want a 100mm tube. One less thing to worry about and one less thing to go wrong...

Yeah I've always found that bizarre.
Quote Reply
Re: Tubes with 100mm valves? [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know of a mystery 80mm valve length latex tube? A guy I ridden with a few times stated they do exist and he was using them on his JET6+ during that ride. He forget the brand name at that time and would let me know later on. I pinged him again about it but he never responded. (Maybe he was mistaken...but I'd like to believe him).

I'd definitely be interested in a 100mm valve latex tube too as I need that for my front setup too.
Last edited by: loxx0050: Sep 11, 17 6:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:
Doesn't exist, sorry.

Yes they do! And they are awesome, i was fearing the whole extender teflon tape thing. But now i just roll with 100mm in my 90mm wheels and it works brilliantly (cant talk for all 90mm ofcourse), but on mine atleast there is plenty of space to attach the pump.

CHAOYANG is the name of the manufacturer. I can find them on several danish webshops, so i'm sure they are available for US/EU as well.
http://www.chaoyangtire.com/index.php/pro/pro-details/11/266?type=TUBE&name=SUPERLITE

When i bought them in bulk i got themo only about 1 dollar more expensive than normal 48/60mm tubes.

Hmm...this sounds great, but I'm not finding them available to ship to the US. Have you seen any places that do ship them to the US?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those tubes are butyl rubber.
Quote Reply
Re: Tubes with 100mm valves? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Those tubes are butyl rubber.

My bad! The thread creater did not mention it should be latex, but i guess that was maybe a given, due to the more "elitist" ST setup.

Other than that i thought they would be available in the US, normally you can get so much stuff in the US you cant get your hands on in EU!

But hey i guess there is a good entrepreneur option here!
Quote Reply