Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Angliru Climb Video: Contador Stage Win
Quote | Reply
In between US Open, 70.3 World's, NFL, MLB, Premier League, I can guarantee that this video of Contador's stage win and Froome's Vuelta win is the single best footage that you can watch this weekend to get inspired as an endurance athlete. I want to do this climb....I always said that your cycling career is not complete until you do Ventoux, Alpe d'Huez, Stelvio and Gavia....but I think I have to add Zocolon in Italy and Angliru:

Edit new link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC-cTixBjjc

Climb profile:

Last edited by: devashish_paul: Sep 10, 17 16:25
Quote Reply
Re: Angliru Climb Video: Contador Stage Win (tiz) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Froome just pushed the easy button, quite literally.
Quote Reply
Re: Angliru Climb Video: Contador Stage Win (tiz) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Corrupted link?
Quote Reply
Re: Angliru Climb Video: Contador Stage Win (tiz) [Brushman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I had to click the button 2 or 3 times, close the spam windows, and then it starts to play.

When does the climb really start?

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Angliru Climb Video: Contador Stage Win (tiz) [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
No, I had to click the button 2 or 3 times, close the spam windows, and then it starts to play.

When does the climb really start?

I'll try to get some new links. It starts with 13K to go
Quote Reply
Re: Angliru Climb Video: Contador Stage Win (tiz) [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@ 10 mins on the original link video

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Angliru Climb Video: Contador Stage Win [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good call Dev! I think this was one of the most amazing moments any athlete could dream of at the twilight of their career. He didn't win and hasn't looked like a true podium finisher in Grand Tours the past 18 months. I think seeing him in the Vuelta reminded me of his youth once again. Gone were the days of playing it safe and holding back for the next day. The conservative racing we see in these grand tours lately is a bit of a bore.

Alberto showed up, animated this race with many hard daring efforts and still managed to just miss the podium by 20s. Getting Spain it's only stage win and conquering the toughest climb like Alberto of old. Chappeau to Bertie and I hope he doesn't fade away from the sport anytime soon. He would be a great DS IMO

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Angliru Climb Video: Contador Stage Win (tiz) [Nazgul350r] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Are we sure the peleton simply didn't just gift the stage to Contador?
Quote Reply
Re: Angliru Climb Video: Contador Stage Win (tiz) [Tri Slow Poke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I very much doubt they gifted it to him; there doesn't seem to be much sentimentality in the peloton at all these days. Let's not forget that Nibali was climbing with broken ribs from crashing just beforehand, Bardet had been atrocious all tour, Kelderman is too heavy for a climb like this and Angel-Lopez had dive-bombed in the last few stages after his massive effort on Los Machucos and was moaning about the Angliru before the stage had even started!

As for Froome sand-bagging it, I don't think so. In the post-stage interviews he said he really wanted to drive it on to give Pouls the stage win and it certainly seemed like it given the way they were reeling him in on the last 3 km, even after all the other guys had been distanced. Furthermore, Froome's struggled on super-steep climbs like these all season, (e.g. the stage to Peyregudes in the Tour and the throughout the Vuelta), whereas Bertie still seems to be tackling them reasonably well.

I was not surprised at all to see him take the stage. Who else was going to challenge him?
Quote Reply
Re: Angliru Climb Video: Contador Stage Win (tiz) [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awenborn wrote:
As for Froome sand-bagging it, I don't think so. In the post-stage interviews he said he really wanted to drive it on to give Pouls the stage win and it certainly seemed like it given the way they were reeling him in on the last 3 km, even after all the other guys had been distanced. Furthermore, Froome's struggled on super-steep climbs like these all season, (e.g. the stage to Peyregudes in the Tour and the throughout the Vuelta), whereas Bertie still seems to be tackling them reasonably well.

I was not surprised at all to see him take the stage. Who else was going to challenge him?

Froome and Poels had the fastest ascent times of all riders for the final 10km of the Angliru. They were faster than Contador (by 20 seconds).

http://www.cyclecoach.com
http://www.aerocoach.com.au
Last edited by: AlexS: Sep 11, 17 16:28
Quote Reply