Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me out with a pain cave TV cart
Quote | Reply
My pain cave is just about perfect...except for my TV mount situation. I have a 50 inch flat screen monitor currently sitting on a two tier repurposed stereo rack. It's perfect for my bike sessions - probably about 2.75-3 feet off the ground - at eye level when I am in aero...problem is when I am running, I end up angling the tv so that i can see it from the treadmill, but i am literally running for hours on end with my head turned slightly to the left. I am convinced this may be contributing to some hip issues I've recently suffered from running.

Can anyone here recommend a reasonable solution - ideally, a rolling stand that I could move over to the treadmill side of the gym and raise about 25-30 inches to running eye level and then roll back and lower to biking eye level? What I've been able to find either doesn't seem to have the ability to raise/lower the tv on the fly or if it does, is priced more than 250-300 bucks. At that price, it seems the best solution would be plan B - a second monitor just mounted to the wall in front of the treadmill. It just strikes me as a tad excessive at this point, but it actually might be the cost effective answer.

Anyway, looking for input from the folks on ST -- and thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Help me out with a pain cave TV cart [globetrotterjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.amazon.com/...gid=pla-301099633129

The height of the display (center of the TV) is adjustable from 43" to 63" in 4" increments.
Last edited by: Lucky489: Sep 9, 17 15:40
Quote Reply
Re: Help me out with a pain cave TV cart [globetrotterjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the 2nd TV is the best solution since you already have a difficult to move 50 incher.

If you had a 32 inch TV (what I have now), it's a perfect size to literally just pick up and move around as needed onto stands and surfaces - I move my 32 inch Roku TV from a treadmill stand up high to a beer cooler for aero bike level, to the floor for my Vasa.

Can't do that with a 50 incher though. I suspect also that having an adjustable rolling cart will still be annoying since it's typically not so easy to adjust the height but maybe someone else has a rolling stand that is easy to move up/down even with a 50 incher on it.
Quote Reply