Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Taco Bell: The Food is Inexpensive But the Gunplay Will Cost You Extra
Quote | Reply
Three Taco Bell employees apparently didn't feel like putting up with two robbers and their old-and-busted robbery gag, so they opened fire on them, hitting one of them six times and killing him, while the other robber -- who no doubt decided to make a run for the border -- quickly ran off. Here's how it all went down:

One employee fired at the by-then-completely-stunned robbers with his .32, whereupon another employee unholstered a .45 and asked of the one who'd gotten more than his fair share of lead: "Would you like your order Biggie Sized?"

Okay, so maybe he didn't say that. But he should have. ;-)

"Police say three employees of a Cleveland Taco Bell opened fire on two armed robbers, killing one.

Police have said two masked robbers entered the restaurant early Wednesday and ordered three employees to lie on the floor. Police say three other employees pulled out handguns and opened fire, shooting one of the suspects six times. The other suspect ran off."

Police: Taco Bell Employees Fatally Shoot Armed Robber « CBS Pittsburgh

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Taco Bell: The Food is Inexpensive But the Gunplay Will Cost You Extra [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love it! I want criminals to fear law abiding citizens.
Quote Reply
Re: Taco Bell: The Food is Inexpensive But the Gunplay Will Cost You Extra [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not much on fast food, but if it must be done, Taco Bell has my vote. This story is but one more reason to tell the children "You're going to have to "hold it" until we see a Taco Bell sign".

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Taco Bell: The Food is Inexpensive But the Gunplay Will Cost You Extra [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
I love it! I want criminals to fear law abiding citizens.

Heh. A Taco Bell spokesman said the company was 'shocked' by the shooting. Yeah, probably not as shocked as the would-be robbers were. ;-)

I worked at a full-service gas station on a pretty lively corner of Detroit back when I was in high school. We were robbed three times in the space of a month. The first two times, I was in school, so wasn't there. On the third one, which took place on a Saturday just before closing time, the robbers (two young guys that the DPD never caught) showed a gun and took us to the back of the station to a storage room. I thought that was it for us. But they just locked us in and took off with the cash register (the whole register), a couple of cases of motor oil and what money we carried in our front shirt pockets to make change for cash customers. That was in 1977.

Today? My guess is they'd have had us lie down, just like these two robbers did, and probably would have blown our brains out.That's why I can't really fault those three armed employees from doing what they did. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6, is what I always say.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply