Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pats v. Chiefss (spoilers I reckon)
Quote | Reply
Didn't see a thread yet, so I figured I'd make one.

Pats seem better than the Chiefs. No surprises there.

Hunts fumble- made me feel for the poor kid for a minute, but you can't be perfect 🤷🏼‍♂️ One unrecovered fumble ain't so bad. Bound to have more in the future

Edit
Im stupid
Last edited by: Koala Bear: Sep 7, 17 18:23
Quote Reply
Re: Pats v. Falcons (spoilers I reckon) [Koala Bear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hate to spoil it for you, but the Pats are playing the Chiefs.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Pats v. Falcons (spoilers I reckon) [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fck.
How can you tell you've had too long of a day at work?
Quote Reply
Re: Pats v. Falcons (spoilers I reckon) [Koala Bear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Koala Bear wrote:
Fck.

I just figured you've been breathing too much smoke.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Pats v. Falcons (spoilers I reckon) [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Koala Bear wrote:
Fck.

I just figured you've been breathing too much smoke.
You know, it's probably a combination...
Quote Reply
Re: Pats v. Chiefss (spoilers I reckon) [Koala Bear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely a weird game. The first few plays, it looked like it would be a beating of the Chiefs by the Pats. Even towards the end of the first half.
And then it turned out to be the complete opposite. Lots of missed passes, lots of missed catches (on the declined TD by Gronk, it even seemed to me that Gronk got hurt again when he got up...) and what seemed to be a complete lack of connection on the offense.
But what was a lot worse though was defense. It was completely porous. No doubt that Alex Smith and the Chiefs' offense played a great game though. It was one of the games that really worried me. People never mention the Chiefs but they're constantly very good and well coached.
Quote Reply
Re: Pats v. Chiefss (spoilers I reckon) [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Definitely a weird game. The first few plays, it looked like it would be a beating of the Chiefs by the Pats. Even towards the end of the first half.
And then it turned out to be the complete opposite. Lots of missed passes, lots of missed catches (on the declined TD by Gronk, it even seemed to me that Gronk got hurt again when he got up...) and what seemed to be a complete lack of connection on the offense.
But what was a lot worse though was defense. It was completely porous. No doubt that Alex Smith and the Chiefs' offense played a great game though. It was one of the games that really worried me. People never mention the Chiefs but they're constantly very good and well coached.
Nailed it all around. Reid is a great gameplanner and they have a bunch of playmakers on both sides of the ball. Hunt looked legit, that offense is going to be very good. They're legit.

Pats looked like garbage, some can be chalked up to in-game injuries - especially Hightower, once he went down the defense turned into a sieve - but a lot of it was just getting outplayed. Brady looked legitimately bad, he hit on a few decent throws but more often than not he was off target. Typically we chalk it up to early season and move on, but at 40 it's a bit more concerning.

We'll see, the Pats got SMOKED by the Chiefs in week 3 or 4 in 2015 and everyone started writing the Pats off, they won the SB that year. This may be a totally different situation, especially with all the key injuries after just one week of the season, but I won't be worried uinless this continues until at least week 5.
Quote Reply
Re: Pats v. Chiefss (spoilers I reckon) [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2014 season. Lost game opener to Miami, then won 2 games against average teams, then got killed by the Chiefs 41-14 in KC.
And all the discussions of TB's retirement started then. What followed was a SB, then another one. But yes, a really bad game.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I take any Pats loss!! Way to go Chiefs!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a Bills fan it was painful to watch Gilleslie running like that. The Bills can't afford to have two #1 RBs on the team but that he should be doing this for the division rivals... dang.
Hogan reminded me of the old version from 2 years ago - kind of a "Where is Waldo" player that just disappears into the 21 other bodies on the field.
And then there is Stephon Gillmore.

Just like he did for the Bills - he is usually solid, until he gets burned bad. That 78yd. TD to Hill was classic Gillmore. I think Belichik made a goof by bringing Gillmore in for that kind of money.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Pats v. Chiefss (spoilers I reckon) [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There were legitimate concerns about the defense before the game. Now, it's really really obvious.
With that said, they have a knack for turning things around pretty quickly. But at the same time, as some stage, TB will
falter. At some stage, they'll be an 8-8 team. Hopefully not this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
There were legitimate concerns about the defense before the game. Now, it's really really obvious.
With that said, they have a knack for turning things around pretty quickly. But at the same time, as some stage, TB will
falter. At some stage, they'll be an 8-8 team. Hopefully not this year.

Hopefully every year!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chiefs were surprising. I think the Pats were more surprising with how much of a flop they were in the second half. Congrats to KC. Kareem Hunt looks a player. Chiefs aren't going to win all their games though when you have more penalty yards through three quarters than you do rushing yards.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: Pats v. Chiefss (spoilers I reckon) [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least they didn't keep running into the kicker.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope this is the beginning of the end for Brady. Remember how fast Manning went downhill?
Quote Reply
Re: Pats v. Chiefss (spoilers I reckon) [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
I hope this is the beginning of the end for Brady. Remember how fast Manning went downhill?

Tom Brady wasn't the problem. He looked OK (not great) for most of the game. When your team puts up 27 points you should generally win the football game. The problem is they gave up 42. There are some serious questions on defense - pass rushing, blown big plays by DBs, and porous run stopping.

Bill Belichik will have some tough words with Defensive Coordinator Matt Patricia and I suspect a few defensive starters will be on the bench next week. And they may have to poach a edge rushing DE from someone.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
There were legitimate concerns about the defense before the game.

At times they just looked slow. Like KC was jamming down the Turbo button on the game controller, and the Pats had no turbo button.

And I hate to use the "Q" word, but the last 3 minutes was awful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Perseus wrote:

Tom Brady wasn't the problem. He looked OK (not great) for most of the game. When your team puts up 27 points you should generally win the football game. The problem is they gave up 42. There are some serious questions on defense - pass rushing, blown big plays by DBs, and porous run stopping.

Bill Belichik will have some tough words with Defensive Coordinator Matt Patricia and I suspect a few defensive starters will be on the bench next week. And they may have to poach a edge rushing DE from someone.

I didn't watch the whole game. They got Cassius Marsh from Seattle and I don 't recall ever seeing him try to cover a RB downfield.....also, any idea what the game would have been like if KC had a normal amount of penalties. What did they, 13 of them?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Tom Brady wasn't the problem.

He had a 44.4% completion rate. That's not the problem, but it's certainly a problem.

Also Reid out Belichick'd Belichik. Belichick gave a halftime interview and Reid walked right past them into the locker room.

The Patriots drank a bit of their own Kool-Aid. They have a strong record of very quickly fixing themselves after a Kool-Aid drinking, though.
Quote Reply
Re: Pats v. Chiefss (spoilers I reckon) [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:

It went down so fast that he still got a SB (largely won by the defense)
Quote Reply
Re: Pats v. Chiefss (spoilers I reckon) [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
I didn't watch the whole game. They got Cassius Marsh from Seattle and I don 't recall ever seeing him try to cover a RB downfield.....also, any idea what the game would have been like if KC had a normal amount of penalties. What did they, 13 of them?
Can't overstate the impact of the Hightower loss...the defense was serviceable before his injury, afterward they just didn't stop the Chiefs, it looked like a pro team vs HSers in the 4th quarter.

I don't like playing the penalty game because they were deserved...if a team is constantly holding then what, you just don't call the penalties? In today's NFL the calls that were made last night were legit, I'm sure the Chiefs had a plan going in to be very aggressive and they'd take whatever penalties came their way. Seattle's been doing it for years, basically daring the refs to call a penalty on every down. I don't dislike the strategy, necessarily, but you can't say 'if they didn't get called for a million penalties...' as though they weren't deserved.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Perseus wrote:

It went down so fast that he still got a SB (largely won by the defense)

He played great through week 7 (GB @ Denver) and then his 39 year old body quit. He was not the same guy. With Brady is a year old than Manning and I don't care how much kale you eat Father Time always gets you in the end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Perseus wrote:

TB only completed 16 out of 36 passes and finished the night with 44.4% completion rate. He sucked as much as the defense.
Quote Reply